By lojo - 17/06/2009 04:02 - United States

Today, I was flying home to Milwaukee after a weekend in South Carolina. When I got to the airport, my reservation didn't match up with any flights. Turns out Expedia booked me on a flight that doen't exist. I spent ten hours waiting in the airport for a two hour flight. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 475
You deserved it 3 142

Same thing different taste

Top comments

ahh omg did that happen to anyone else?? i mean there must have been a big confusion.. or were you at the right airport..? don't want another "ross/rachel season finale" incident here.

that sucks. some friends of mine were going to miss their flight and they got no answer at any of expedia's three numbers they called. they got stuck in prague had to spend a couple thousand to get home and couldn't get a refund. next time, dont book with expedia

Comments

Some people are a little retarded. She said she waited 10 hours for a 2 hour flight. As in, she waited at the airport until the next flight to Milwaukee. /facepalm If you've checked out of your hotel, don't have a rental car, and you have all your luggage with you, where on earth else will you spend that time?

Milwaukee has an airport? I kid, I kid... I can't help but poke fun at my neighboring state. Much like how New York rags on Jersey.. Actually everyone rags on Jersey.

FYL indeed. Hopefully this is the last time you use Expedia. They do crap like this all the time

honeyishrnkdakid 2

Better Business Bureau File a complaint: https://odr.bbb.org/odrweb/public/getstarted.aspx

honeyishrnkdakid 2

Better Business Bureau File a complaint: https(colon, slash, slash)odr(dot)bbb(dot)org(forward slash)odrweb(forward slash)public(forward slash)getstarted(dot)aspx sorry about the format of the website, FML wouldn't let me just insert the link.

Thank you #28!!! I was really beginning to question the intelligence of the world. And btw, let me tell you people something. I work at a hotel. Hotels.com, expedia, priceline, travelocity, or any other online agency are all bad business. They get cheap rates on airlines and hotels and sell their reservations back at you for cheaper than than the normal rate, yes, but at more cost than what they're paying and then they pocket the profit. That's all cool if everything goes perfectly and nothing needs to be changed, but once something goes wrong, you lose all that prepaid money and can't get a refund. You won't even be able to check out of your hotel early without losing money. This story realistically isn't a shocker to me. DON'T TRUST THEM!!!

Thanks for your intervention, that really explains a lot. I fly, domestic and international, regularly. I have been pondering, using Expedia or whatever, to book, not now though, thanks again!!

yay milwalkee!!!!! go brewers!! :) sorry no one here ever seems to be from wisconsin.

Man, my FML about something similar was so much better and it never got posted. I mean, where would you rather get stuck: an ex-Soviet state or South Carolina? On second thought... maybe yours is worse.

#36 Your an asswipe. Don't make fun of other states, especially SC, because we have enough horrible things happen in our state. SC is beautiful. You should be ashamed of yourself for following stereotypes. Ass.

nillawafer 0

Huh, guess who's not using expedia in the future-yup, both you and me, OP :)

Well OP, its actually nice to know that Expedia does that. I've looked into it a few times, considering their good prices for any possible trips I may take. This is surely an FYL, but at least you get to help others not make the same mistake. =)