By anonymous - 24/04/2013 04:55 - Germany

Today, I was fired on my second day of work after a year and a half of unemployment. Apparently, my "tendency to solve problems instead of just accepting them made the other workers uneasy". FML
I agree, your life sucks 54 639
You deserved it 3 630

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Yay for people's insecurities! I had coworkers like that once, I ended up quitting.

Comments

Trust me I understand. Same thing happened to me in January. Best of luck.

How are you fired on your second day but at the same time after a year and a half of employment?

Yep, been there and been fired for basically the same reason.

ardencred 7

This is common. If you want to keep a job, don't show independent thought!

Sorry OP... My job is like that too. We teach the new hires "head down and mouth shut." You can't rock the boat during the probation period. Those who have were promptly shown the door... It's not fair, but thats business.

Many employers like to keep the workers in a "boob" state of mind. They like feeling superior. Get a degree and get in charge. We need more people with your attitude in the work place.

Get that in writing and use it on your next job hunt

fiercehawk 20

That boss should get a hero cookie for the single most polite way to say "You are a bossy know-it-all," ever uttered. And all these people typing things about how that boss is stupid would fire anyone who walked into their business off the street and started telling them how to run it. I absolutely guarantee it. The unfortunate truth is, the OP isn't going to succeed in any career, in any industry, anywhere unless/until taking a really big bite of humble pie. A beginner's place is to watch and learn. Do that well, and maybe one can *earn* a place at leading.

You really don't have enough info to make that assumption, as neither do the others commenting here. It could be either of those cases.

fiercehawk 20

Second day on the job. It's not an assumption.