By perpetuallyscrewed - 06/10/2009 04:06

Today, after nearly eight months of unemployment, I started a great new job. After seven and a half hours of work, my new boss comes up to tell me what a great job I was doing, but that he somehow forgot to clear the new hire with the company owner, so I'm fired. Hello, unemployment... again. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 880
You deserved it 2 186

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Technically you weren't fired since you were never actually hired to begin with. So that's good, right?!

Comments

Intellectualist 0

sucks to be you, seriously. FYL

so i guess your boss has to ask the owner. and then apply again.

Maybe the boss who screwed your life up can help you out a little by letting you mow his yard, clean his pool or **** his wife. I mean, it's the least he could do for such a dumb mistake.

Technically you weren't fired since you were never actually hired to begin with. So that's good, right?!

FYL there...almost the same thing happened to me about 3 years ago, except I got promoted into a job to take the place of someone they were GOING to fire but hadn't yet - the plan (from what I heard) was to keep her on to train me. But they were trying to fire her for taking sick time that was covered under the family leave act, so she threatened to sue and I got canned.

That's horrible! I would complain to a higher-up about him doing that to you. That's not even fair.

magicsparrow 0

Um...try reading the FML. The company's *owner* never cleared the hire. There isn't anyone above that.