By John - 30/06/2012 05:08 - United States - Watertown

Today, I was fired for using violence and intimidation in the work place. I was a bouncer at a strip club. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 391
You deserved it 3 606

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Damn what better job is there than a strip club ... You get to see boobies ...

Don't worry, there are better jobs out there for you:)

Comments

skyeyez9 24

What did you do? There IS a limit to how you can legally treat a person, even bouncers!

In fact bouncers have no special rights. They are not even considered equal to a security guard in a parking lot...He's lucky to not being sued.

perdix 29

Not cool if you're applying your violence and intimidation to the "talent."

unknown_user5566 26

Well... How else will he get the strippers to do the nasty with him? ;)

Threnody666 19

FYL OP. Maybe find a job that's not a titty bar...

tmmundy 17

Just maybe, I'm guessing here, there's not a lot of job opportunities where he lives. It's like that everywhere.

xStaciexLynnx 15

Just maybe, I'm guessing here, there are jobs everywhere. People are just too idiotic to get hired or too stubborn to work an average job.

unknown_user5566 26

49- I'm pretty sure working as a bouncer in a strip club is an "average" job. And no, jobs are not everywhere. If jobs were easy to find then just maybe, I'm guessing here, the economy wouldn't be as shitty as it is.

The_F3rris 11

Maybe your boss was high on crack at the time. Hardcore drugs seem to go hand in hand with titty bars.

firefighterjohn 9

Well being a bouncer doesn't give you the right to beat up people. Your job is to prevent and stop the violence. If you exagerated that's your problem.

Sounds like you might have abused your power. If someone gets out of hand, did you just escort him out or find a need to beat the hell out of him first and throw him out the door on his face? I've seen some bouncers act like they're gods at the club's doors!

ash1rose 11

It sounds like they were just looking for a reason to let you go and they chose a totally bullshit one. Sorry OP :( Best of luck finding a better job.

Well ain't that a bit ironic. Get paid to do something and then fired for doing your job, that sucks.

We all don't know the situation that led to OP's dismissal. Maybe he went a bit overboard with a customer, maybe he got violent with a coworker (that happens too), or maybe his ex-boss is just an arbitrary, capricious jerk and OP looked at his boss the wrong way last night. All kinds of things happen. I'm inclined to extend the benefit of the doubt for right now. OP, good luck finding another job. Just a thought: maybe you want to take some classes or something to develop other interests of yours into more marketable skills so you can get a better job, one where bosses aren't quite so fickle as to fire you at the drop of a hat? If you get another bouncing job at night, that'd let you take classes during the daytime.