By SFBEL - 21/05/2015 03:56 - Belgium - Leuven

Today, after being a resident DJ at a local club for over 4 years, I got fired. Not because I'm bad at what I do, but because my boss thinks I'm not 'having fun like the other DJs'. And by 'having fun' he means that I don't drink enough. I got fired for not being an alcoholic. FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 680
You deserved it 2 142

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I don't drink much either and a lot of times people don't think Im having fun at parties because of it. I can sympathize with you here, you don't have to get wasted to have some fun.

the dj's that play when i go clubbing, mostly drink energydrinks or water :s like normal people, i wouldent drink while working :)

Comments

That's really ******* stupid. I agree. Your life sucks.

the dj's that play when i go clubbing, mostly drink energydrinks or water :s like normal people, i wouldent drink while working :)

Sorry op, you must have a lot of experience so I hope you can find another dj job easily!

I don't drink much either and a lot of times people don't think Im having fun at parties because of it. I can sympathize with you here, you don't have to get wasted to have some fun.

RpiesSPIES 27

I expect to be downvoted, but... when you can relate your situation with that of someone else's, it's empathizing with them as opposed to sympathizing them. The latter can still be used, but in the context, the former may work better. Sorry :)

Lol I like the correction. English has always been my least favorite subject so I don't pay attention to details all the time

SailorSolaris 43

For me, if people ask why I'm not drinking, I just say I'm allergic to alcohol. It's not true, but I really can't hold my liqueur. My total alcohol tolerance is 1/2 glass of wine. With ice.

Kaalschneid 21

@#5 I'm so glad someone knew the difference, this brought a tear to my drunken eye. FML

assurant 12

that sucks OP, at least your not an alcoholic like the other dj's. I'm sure you'll find another job

#11 you're right if #7 knew what stolkholm syndrome was I don't think he would be saying OP has it.

he said op's boss has it xD but i cant read anything about any kidnappers :s

spikey818 9

Being there with your boss was bound to fizz out anyway.

Let it be OP.. If you are good at what you do then you will find a better job which does not need you to be an alcoholic. Hopefully a better paying job as well! Best of luck!