By sick - 06/01/2011 12:21 - United States

Today, I was at the nursing home I work at, and my boss asked me if I'm serious about my job, telling me that I've been acting strange and not working hard enough. She wants to drug test me. The real reason I'm not 100% is because I have a stomach ulcer from the stress of working there. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 655
You deserved it 2 594

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Fyl brah. Just tell your boss what's happening because of your job

nayeli760 0

FYL for having a stomach ulcer and being stressed. YDI for making your life even more complicated by not explaining to your boss.

Comments

Ninjafriends 1

Asserting drug use may very well be unreasonable. But, suspecting drug use, among other possibilities, is not outlandish in the least. Maybe in your bubble world, drug use is practically unheard of. Certain behavior may point toward drug use. And some settings and professions tend to carry higher instances of substance abuse. "A little drop" is your own embellishment. Also, it's "you're", not "your". Fool.

yes, I most certainly DO live in a bubble, darling. -__- your & you're is like toMAYto & toMAHto. although, I stand corrected to the ther half of the arguement. foolio.

your & you're is the same as toMAYto & toMAHto. I stand corrected regarding the other half of the arguement. foolio.

Are you an idiot? Your and you're have to be used at appropriate times to be grammatically correct, whereas "toMAYto" and "toMAHto" is just pronunciation. You are being unreasonable by calling the boss an asshole. You lost this argument before it began.

monkeebalz 0

stomach ulcers arent caused by stress. theyre caused by bacteria. so in this case, i call fake

same, it's a myth that ulcers are caused be stress

One more time for those that couldn't keep us - Stress causes the lining of the stomach to diminish. This allows the bacteria to enter and form the ulcer. Therefore, stress can cause/lead to stomach ulcers.

are you douchebag with too much time on your hands? going around being a grammar nazi is unnecessary, seeing as how one: the first statement was for fun & two: i already established the fact that I stood corrected. please, take your disgusting hand off the keyboard & stop typing.

I posted once, and you posted in excess of three times, yet I am the one with too much time on my hands. And I was unaware that you acknowledged the fact that you were mistaken, seeing as you compared it to a simple case of pronunciation preference. You fail to see what I was saying. If I really am a "Grammar Nazi", then I'm not a very good one. I'll leave this one up to one of the more experienced Nazis, if they enjoy wasting their time.

You're in the medical field. Tell your boss what you just told us! She should understand the mechanics of stomach ulcers and should understand. BONUS: do so immediately after passing the drug test. In all seriousness though, is this a job you want anyway if you have this bad a reaction to stress?

TigerLilly1024 0

As a nurse, you should be smart emough to know that modern science has been proven to be caused by poor, NOT stress. Even I know that, and I'm just a college student.