By Dee - 13/07/2009 00:41 - United States

Today, I was at a party at the house of the guy I really like. We were talking when he pulled me into his room. I was excited he was finally taking our friendship to the next level, until he handed me a stick of deodorant, saying "I didn't wanna tell you in the hallway, but you really need this." FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 059
You deserved it 22 006

Same thing different taste

Top comments

fabbitsrabbit 0

well if u guys r frends then its a good thing that he cares enough to tell u bout it

Seti_fml 0

sounds like a good friend to me, who cares if he doesn't want to be with you? at least he cares enough not to let you walk around a party smelling bad.

Comments

You should have said "well maybe I need a shower. Care to join?" and your relationship would skyrocket

It's embarrassing, but not horrible. He seems like a pretty nice guy to do that for you.

deliapearl 0

guys get over stuff like that. you still got a shot at him.

Bella_999 0

at least he didnt tell you like in front of everyone.... :)

IOwnedYou 0

The first thing I do when I wake up is make sure I smell good..

He was tactful enough to pull you aside and let you know. He did you a favour, really. You probably have a shot, still. If he were uninterested you'd now be posting on how he told everyone you smelled bad.

Maybe the OP did use deodorant and it wore off. It can especially with cheap stuff. Also, I think its nice he not only didn't shout it out to the room, but that he would care enough about you to give it to you. If he didn't care he would have let you go on smelling bad for everyone to notice. I think there is hope yet. Just because you smelled bad doesn't mean he hates you.

Why would you even post something like that? It's not an FML... If you're unable to keep yourself from smelling YOU **** your life! No one did anything to you. Nothing bad happened to you that wasn't entirely your fault. And FYL for being stupid enough to go and spread the word about your lack of personal hygiene... Yuck!

sweat can definately be a turn on, but not for most people in the uptight US. old sweat has bacteria, which causes odor. I think he told you in a fairly kind way.

So people in the US are uptight...because we like when people bathe regularly and don't stink?