By Anonymous - 17/11/2013 21:59 - United States - Elmwood Park

Today, I was at a diner with friends when we decided to put our phones in the middle of the table on the basis that whoever looks at theirs first has to pay. It was going well, until someone rushed up behind me, slammed my face into the table and ran out with our 4 phones. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 856
You deserved it 5 843

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Why didn't the other people do anything? Surely four others had time to react?

you guys are a little slow, aren't you?

Comments

Did your friends chase that person down? Or anyone at all?

Why did you not just keep your phones in your pocket...and all just watch each other.

And that's why this is a dumb thing to do. Also, why not just pay for yourself? It's a fair system.

How did your friends do nothing about it? Did anyone in the diner try to help? I don't think you'll be eating in that diner any time soon lol. FYL OP

Didn't the other three do anything? If they didn't I take it they were too stunned to do anything...get well soon OP..

As others have pointed out, the other three just really didn't want to pay for lunch.

My question about the whole phone in basket thing is this. If the teacher made you put the phones in the basket before class and collect them after, why did you not mention to said teacher when the phone was stolen that someone else had taken it? Why did you feel the need to wait until the phones were being collected again to make a whole show of not having a phone to put in the basket? I mean even ignoring the waiting period, when they said " so and so you need to put your phone in the basket/ remember to put it in the basket/ where is your phone for the basket/ etc" you could have just said right off "It was stolen from the basket last class period so I have no idea where it is" .

Put your phones in the middle of the table ? Who came up with that silly idea. If someone would rather check their phone than be in your presence, then I can't imagine why you would hang out with them.

TheyCallMeDamien 17

Where the hell were you eating?