By Anonymous - 17/11/2013 21:59 - United States - Elmwood Park

Today, I was at a diner with friends when we decided to put our phones in the middle of the table on the basis that whoever looks at theirs first has to pay. It was going well, until someone rushed up behind me, slammed my face into the table and ran out with our 4 phones. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 856
You deserved it 5 842

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Why didn't the other people do anything? Surely four others had time to react?

you guys are a little slow, aren't you?

Comments

Why didn't the other people do anything? Surely four others had time to react?

silverhuntress 4

Did you get hurt? why would someone do something like that?! I wish I was there to see the look of utter shock on you and your friends faces!!!

immunetoinsanity 23

If it happened to me, I would probably be too shocked to react quickly enough...

Just fyi, three others, but point taken. Also surprised no one else at the diner did anything.

JMichael 25

Most likely they were surprised it actually happened, but still chase the ****** down!

Goblin182 26

That's why I don't really believe this one.

addioty 19

It's a fun game. Usually in the end people split the cost if no one looks.

BradTheBrony 19

"Why would someone do something like that?" Maybe Hear me out, this is a bit far-fetched Maybe... because he wanted four free cell phones!

NotGabe 28

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

OP's friends weren't the ones who took the phone, ya twit.

Im just assuming that he was using something called " Sarcasm".

If you were in a restaurant I'm sure there are dozens of people that could have stopped him if you yelled for help or something.

\ 28

It's a diner... If it is a smaller, lesser-known place, it's a helluva lot less likely to have security cameras. Everyone would likely be taken aback by the event anyway

You've obviously never heard of the bystander effect. Maybe they would have helped, but that's not a given.

\ 28

if someone slams your face into a table from behind and promptly steals your stuff and runs off, you'll probably be too dazed to react effectively.

BlueFlatts 20

So OP has an excuse, but what about the others? Although, if it was a booth, there might have only been one other.

Hopefully one of you had/has the "find my phone" app. You can log on from the computer and try and pin point the location. Good luck

Well, I guess they have to pay the bill then, huh?

just your face? were your friend in shock or laughing to hard to stop their phones from being stolen? and sorry that is a little funny. hope you had insurance or the guy tripped fell into the street got hit by a car and your phone is safe on the sidewalk

yeah I guessed that to but was giving them the benefit of the doubt

Why was there no actions taken? By anyone, friends, bystanders, even you.... (Well that depends on how hard you were hit but yea).

never heard of the bystander effect? if there's more than a couple bystanders present none of them will do anything.

All the baffled commentators: You are aware that one of the fastest rising crimes these days is "grab a phone from someone's hand and run," right? Our subway system has signs warning people about it. It's apparently a lot harder to thwart than you think it is, or it wouldn't be a popular crime.

swimgood 16

Agreed. I had this happen to me while visiting a friend in New York.