By Anonymous - 17/11/2013 21:59 - United States - Elmwood Park

Today, I was at a diner with friends when we decided to put our phones in the middle of the table on the basis that whoever looks at theirs first has to pay. It was going well, until someone rushed up behind me, slammed my face into the table and ran out with our 4 phones. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 856
You deserved it 5 843

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Why didn't the other people do anything? Surely four others had time to react?

you guys are a little slow, aren't you?

Comments

That is unfortunate OP. To be honest though, this is quite a very silly game to begin with. I don't understand the reason for its apparent necessity in the first place.

KayleeFrye 39

It's to keep you from ignoring the people you're with because you're too busy on your phone. Next time you go out to eat, look around and see how many people barely speak to their dinner companion because they're too busy Tweeting or texting. It's ******* rude, so this game is a fun way to keep that from happening.

why the hell would someone do that anyway

crazydave1998 6

i understand taking the phones..but why smash you head..Dick move even for a thief

Theft aside, this practice baffles me. Whatever happened to just splitting the check and not being jerks about what you order? Or just telling the waiter that you're all paying separately?

KayleeFrye 39

The point of the game is to actually talk to the people you're with instead of constantly being on your phone. The game doesn't really have anything to do with who's paying, it's so people don't ignore who they're with because they're Tweeting or texting.

All four of you are idiots. Anyone who actually needs the motivation of paying for four dinners to put down their phone is a waste of a human being.

Randomhero1331 5