By benoit - 15/03/2013 12:35 - France

Today, I walked into work, a day after losing my shit with our systems admin, due to her taking ages to enable my new email account. I was soon bitched out, warned, and suspended over several lewd emails having been sent overnight from my account to various female co-workers. FML
I agree, your life sucks 18 081
You deserved it 33 732

Same thing different taste

Top comments

BeMyLove15 10

Pick and choose your battles. There's some people you just have to be nice to, especially at a job you're trying to keep.

Just like with food, you don't mess with people who handle important things.

Comments

She got you good. Don't lose your shit with people who have power, they will rape you.

skyeyez9 24

At least she didn't upload child **** on your work computer. Otherwise, your ass would be in prison and spending your life savings to prove your innocence.

She should learn how to do her job and then not try to screw you over when you call her on it. Where are are all these YDI coming from?

Perhaps she had stuff do as well as OP. Either way, nobody in this FML displayed any emotional intelligence. Pure pettiness.

> Where are are all these YDI coming from? "The sysadmin is always right" and "workplace ethics are for puny mortals of the male persuasion" have just intersected.

I said YDI because you don't "lose your shit" with anyone. OP doesn't know what was taking the sys admin so long; everyone has their own priorities and deadlines set by their own bosses. Yes, sys admin did something pretty nasty to OP, but OP is far from innocent here.

And this is why you shouldn't be an asshole. Especially at work and ESPECIALLY with the computer people. That's probably gonna happen every time OP's computer has a problem lol. It sucks that OP got in trouble at work, but YDI for "losing your shit."

You deserved it. You should know better than to mess with a BOfH. The sysadmin has more power than you can believe, and can almost always cover their tracks. That's one person you NEVER want to piss off. I know because I AM a sysadmin, and while I would never do this type of thing to anyone, I know the power is there.

You'd better apologize if you want to keep your job OP... YDI.

YDI for bitching someone who doesn't do things at YOUR schedule.

Should be super easy to get her fired

TheCutestLizard 28

File a grievance with your hr department. You might not be the first person this has happened to!