By IHateGroupProjects - 25/04/2012 13:25 - United States - Riverdale

Today, I've now received my 73rd email in two days about my masters group project on policy recommendations for security reform. One group member has helpfully rewritten everything, and our project is now titled "Zeus's Earthly Kingdom." It's due today. FML
I agree, your life sucks 21 396
You deserved it 2 819

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

shannonjnae2706 0

That sucks, but YDI for not doing it yourself to make sure it was done right the first (and last) time.

Trisha_aus 15

Hope your teacher has a sense of humor

skyeyez9 24

Either you get stuck with the village idiot or lazy assholes who contribute nothing to the group project. Group projects prepare you for the real world where a good chunk of your hard earned paycheck is distributed to lazy assholes and frivolous govt pork projects.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

My teachers keep insisting that in the workplace we won't have to deal with lazy people and idiots. I'm pretty sure my teacher hasn't ever worked in retail or with a relative of an owner before. I just shake my head and hope when I get a job I don't work with any of my classmates.

I'm sure that because they're all obviously in a graduate program, they can't be all that idiotic or that lazy. OP was probably just unlucky enough to get the one overly eccentric weirdo from the class in the project. There's always that one person in class that seems to live in their own reality.

steelx3 4

Sorry, OP, but this one kinda flew over my head...

thats what you get for letting one person do all the work.

...and you have intricate proof if this? Or it is just your assuming powers at work here?

Better prepare a sacrifice to appease Zeus or your group is going to fail. Maybe sacrifice the dumbass.

If you find your group uncooperative and impossible to work with just talk to your professor about accommodating you in a new one. If the problem is genuine, your request will be entertained.

linkinpark98 23

I HATE group projects! -_- Why can't they just let is do our own work? It seems as if everytime I get put in a group, it's either with the 2 people who don't shut up, or the brain dead weirdos.

Sinkhole 26

I think some teachers/professors just assign group work because they don't want to grade a bunch of papers. I know at least one of my professors does that... he said it himself.

Mine too. Also he stated that he hopes those of us who get it can teach those who don't how to do things. Funny enough, I thought I was paying to be taught, not to teach those the teacher has given up on.

Group projects in school suck much!!! I hated them, mainly because me and sometimes somebody else as well, got stuck with all of the work and the teachers didn't care when we complained. I feel for you, OP!