By bigdawg702 - 26/09/2009 05:34 - United States

Today, I told my girlfriend of 9 months that I was ready for marriage and start having kids. She hasn't called or texted me since. FML
I agree, your life sucks 18 315
You deserved it 69 068

Same thing different taste

Top comments

On your first date, did you rub her belly and say, "Soon, this will be plump with my seed"?

After 9 months, starting to have kids ? ... Not all girls are looking forward to that you know

Comments

Yeah. I love my boyfriend, but if he said that to me (11 months) I'd probably end it too. Not ready and he knows it.

I can't understand why there are 30,000 YDI's. It's a sad commentary on modern relationships. If it were too soon, she should have said so. Communication is easy. Simply ignoring you should almost be a compliment, because she was clearly a horrible person. Reasonable, mature people talk about their problems. If you can't talk about virtually anything (within reason) with your partner, then they're not the right person. Unless you're into people that aren't prepared to talk to you or listen to what you have to say. Each to their own. There are tons of nice women out there. Chin up.

It was in his best interest to speak his mind. It seems that it was in her best interest to never let his feelings be part of her relationship. I know what you mean, I just can't stand one sided relationships.

9 months? Come on bro... You don't even know a person at 9 months. You just totally blew it. She's gone.

Seriously, if you're really serious about someone, you're going to make something work. 9 months is quick yeah, but even if you live with someone for five years, you're still going to find things about them that bug you. If they have an annoying habit, get over it, you do too. People that say you have to live with someone forever before marrying them are just afraid of commitment!

topher99 0

well dumass u probably should have flinged the question in the form of a proposal-if u cant do that what good are u anyway

OP, you moron! If you move as fast in Daytona or F1 as you do in relationships , then I guess you wouldn't be a total zero and she'd text you back after all! YDI

I know what I like when I see what I want. Maybe I'm just weird. But I'd know after nine months whether I could spend the rest of my life with a person. If you spend a good chunk of time WITH them, LISTENING to them and genuinely getting to KNOW them, it wouldn't even be that hard. Really. If after a year your answer is "I don't know," the answer is probably no. When it's right, you know. You feel it. It will feel right all the time. There are different degrees, amounts and levels of love. Sometimes we fall in love with someone who's good-enough, mostly right. Other times it's so great it's like a fantasy. Love is not arrived at after the passage of a certain amount of months or years; love comes when we spend time truly getting to know the person intimately and deeply. It's not the quantity of time that has to pass before you can answer the big marriage, kids and forever questions. It's the quality of it.