By bigdawg702 - 26/09/2009 05:34 - United States

Today, I told my girlfriend of 9 months that I was ready for marriage and start having kids. She hasn't called or texted me since. FML
I agree, your life sucks 18 315
You deserved it 69 068

Same thing different taste

Top comments

On your first date, did you rub her belly and say, "Soon, this will be plump with my seed"?

After 9 months, starting to have kids ? ... Not all girls are looking forward to that you know

Comments

So after two dates brozeff you're ready to marry and have kids with someone? Why would someone say they're ready for marriage but not have plans to propose? I mean, wouldn't you be a bit weirded out if someone told you they were ready for marriage and KIDS after less than a year of talking to them. Also, boatkicker, I'm pretty sure that he must have called/texted her this since he never mentioned anything about a response from her. If he told her this in person, she would have at least said something or just bolted away, and the OP would have mentioned that.

um yeah 9 months is not liog enough, not everyone is itching to live up to societies standard. jesus take or give hints before scaring someone off

This is too ******* ridiculous. I call fake. Hah. Reminds me of my ex. I was looking after my niece and he was holding her and was like "Baby this feels so natural." I should have dropped him like right then and there.

THIS is too ridiculous to be real? What kind of sheltered strange life must you live

boatkicker 4

begeru Some people, when they date someone, are looking for someone to spend the rest of their life with. That's their entire goal in dating is to find someone they want to be with. Perhaps OP was one of them and just wanted to be honest about it with his girlfriend. "Hey I'm getting ready to settle down and I think it might be with you, but I don't want to propose yet, because I'm not entirely sure." Something like that. I still think it's possible he did it in person. OP might not have mentioned the girlfriends response. If she just kinda took it calmly but didn't say anything one way or another what would he have had to say? Not much of anything. Of course we can't be sure, but that's what I'm going to stick with unless I get proof otherwise.

**** if i was your girlfriend i'd drop your ass too. NINE MONTHS. are you insane? that's how long it takes to get a baby brewin' and happenin'. you're absolutely dillusional. wait this is okay if you're a celebrity; but chances are you're not. you're just an idiot.

seems like you fail at relationships, GTFO of it

It's better than those people who live together or date for 10 years and then decide they don't want it anymore and leave each other! There's nothing wrong with wanting to settle down. Even nine months, though it may be short, is enough time to know someone well enough to know if you can live with them for the rest of your life. You guys are all way too close minded.

kylxyisbomb 0

Wow... 9 months?.. that's definitely not enough time to get to know a person... maybe she feels like you're rushing things?...

Yeah... 9 months is way too soon. I dumped someone for the same reason, only 6 months into a relationship. Way too soon. You need to have lived with them at least a year before even considering that... I mean, what if you move in together and find annoying habbit you just CAN'T tolerate??? Ouch. If you're really serious about her, call her, arrange to meet her and IN PERSON explain that you're just really commited to her. Depending on your age I understand wanting a family. I'm only 20 and I would love to have a child with my current partner, but not now, in at least 5-6 years. You know, financial stability and all that. If I were in my late thirties I would probably jump at the chance to start a family, but I know there's time. Springing that on someone not ready or not expecting it will ensure one of two reactions, a freak out or them jumping you. Either way you should both be ready. As I said before, see her IN PERSON. Talk things over. Remember to be considerate of her feelings if you really want this to last.