By Heather - 31/05/2009 17:38 - United States

Today, I thought I would make my first trip to the beach. While in the water, I was stung by a jellyfish. My friend had to pee on me. I went back into the water to wash the pee off and got stung by another jellyfish. FML
I agree, your life sucks 430
You deserved it 82

Top comments

Did you make your friend pee on you again? Did you stare at his/her genitals while they peed? Did a lot of pee get on an area that wasn't stung? It's this sort of information that leaves me unable to choose between FML/YDI.

laurisshnazzy 0

Haha. I got stung by a jellyfish a few years ago.. no piss necessary. A few painkillers, one ointment cream, and two hours laying down with my leg elevated sent the pain away. Sucks to be you.

Comments

#4 your ******* stupid. Peeing on jellyfish stings does work and it is scientifically proven dumbass

greatnt249 0

"anything else is NOT going to work." The purpose of using vinegar is to keep any more stinging cells from discharging into your skin, not to kill the pain. Urine, however, is useless, which is why I voted both FML and YDI, OP.

EEEERRRRIIIICCC 4

you kno if you vote for the other one it takes away ur original

penguinz 0

dont swim where there are jellyfish

To the people who are saying that peeing won't help the pain, It's not supposed to. It kills the remaining nematocysts, and stops the victim from getting more venom in their body. OP: That really sucks.

angel03260 0

you got owned by a jellyfish. twice.

paks7 0

23: don't believe everything you read it doesn't work

#23: http://firstaid.about.com/od/bitesstings/f/07_JellyfishPee.htm In fact, look it up pretty much anywhere. It's an old wives tale.

Actually even the site you referenced said that it does work at least half the time, based on the content of fresh water and ammonia in the urine. You really should read your sources before posting them.

Urine doesn't do jack to a sting, YDI for relying on television for medical advice.

That was stupid, I'm sure a life guard would have been around to give you vinigar to treat the sting.