By Heather - 31/05/2009 17:38 - United States

Today, I thought I would make my first trip to the beach. While in the water, I was stung by a jellyfish. My friend had to pee on me. I went back into the water to wash the pee off and got stung by another jellyfish. FML
I agree, your life sucks 430
You deserved it 82

Top comments

Did you make your friend pee on you again? Did you stare at his/her genitals while they peed? Did a lot of pee get on an area that wasn't stung? It's this sort of information that leaves me unable to choose between FML/YDI.

laurisshnazzy 0

Haha. I got stung by a jellyfish a few years ago.. no piss necessary. A few painkillers, one ointment cream, and two hours laying down with my leg elevated sent the pain away. Sucks to be you.

Comments

chop_buster 0

Peeing on jellyfish stings is what retard tourists do. You deserve it.

haha you got owned by a jellyfish xD fyl, and fy friends life for having to pee on you.

You know peeing on a jellyfish sting is a myth, right? It does absolutely nothing. Source: http://firstaid.about.com/od/bitesstings/f/07_JellyfishPee.htm

wotchersarah 0

Pee isn't acidic enough to help stop the release of nematocysts. In some cases pee can actually cause MORE to be released. Your best bet is to use vinegar.

zee209 0

YDI. Peeing on a jellyfish is just a myth...It doesn't do anything. You should have gone to the lifeguard and told him/her.

jasmine1259 2

you guys are dumb. Pee actually does help a jellyfish wound. look it up.

damn a real fml, haven't seen one of these in awhile!

What kind of jellyfish have you guys been stung by? They don't hurt THAT much. Sure it stings but it's not like it's excruciating enough to have to take pain killers.