By Heather - 31/05/2009 17:38 - United States

Today, I thought I would make my first trip to the beach. While in the water, I was stung by a jellyfish. My friend had to pee on me. I went back into the water to wash the pee off and got stung by another jellyfish. FML
I agree, your life sucks 430
You deserved it 82

Top comments

Did you make your friend pee on you again? Did you stare at his/her genitals while they peed? Did a lot of pee get on an area that wasn't stung? It's this sort of information that leaves me unable to choose between FML/YDI.

laurisshnazzy 0

Haha. I got stung by a jellyfish a few years ago.. no piss necessary. A few painkillers, one ointment cream, and two hours laying down with my leg elevated sent the pain away. Sucks to be you.

Comments

herpEs_fml 0

at the people who said dont go swimming where there are jellyfish, there are jellyfish at every beach that you would want to swim at. Puttiing piss on a jellyfish sting is stupid because what the hell is water and excretement gonna do for your cut? Also all the dumbasses who said going into the water is dumb afterward because of infection, salt water is good for preventing infections because it helps sterilize the cut.

wait... i don't get it.... why did your friend have to pee on you?

well if this was dude to girl or vice versa not so bad if you feel an attraction to each other but still sucks you should have not gone back again if you knew the jellies were there anyways

Dude, that sucks... I live near to the beach and go there often and I've never been stung by a jellyfish. FYL.

FYL for the first sting, but YDI for the 2nd...what kind of thought process makes you conclude "hmm, I just got stung by a jellyfish, and it might possibly still be in the area, BACK IN THE WATER!!" And next time use vinegar

haha i am sorry but that is pretty funny =) FYL indeed

AlphaC 0

You people are like, all full of half the truth. Fresh water for jellyfish stings is bad. Triggers more stings from the stinging cells. Salt water for it is good. Thinking that it cleans the wound and prevents infection. Vinegar is a good solution for killing stingers that haven't stung you, but can worsen those of jellyfish cousins. Ammonia can be useful, for the same reasons as vinegar. Urine... is mostly water, with some ammonia. If you happen to have a lot of ammonia in your urine that day, it could help. Otherwise, you might just make it worse. I've had two jellyfish stings that had urine applied to them. First one was a "miracle cure". Instant pain-b-gone. Second one, just made it itch. (so it got worse) The real thing to do is to use sand or a towel to wipe off stingers that haven't injected you with their venom, and take a painkiller. The Ammonia/Urine/Vinegar tricks are only chemical ways of using sand or a towel (and don't risk you touching the stingers with your bare hand, spreading the stings). They don't remove the pain.

hahaha did you get that off of Friends??

thelarkscaw 0

sounds made up but it made me lol.

TryToBeKind 0

That's awful! It's bad enough to get stung once, it's worse to get stung twice, and it's even worse on your first trip to a beach! You did not deserve that, that's just awful. Poor thing.