By Anonymous - 28/10/2011 04:17 - United States

Today, I talked to my mom about hanging out with her. She got out her phone to schedule an appointment. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 517
You deserved it 2 983

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Buttsexpirate 9

"Hmm, Christmas I'll be in Mexico. Hmm when's your birthday again? I'll be busy then too. The only time I can pencil you in would be April fools day. Would that work?"

At least she won't be able to turn around and say that she has other plans on the day?

Comments

I don't see how this is an FML. She must be busy and can't drop what she has to do just hang out. And if you still live at home, have some more respect for her keeping that roof over your head.

Wait, what? What's wrong with someone taking out their phone to see when they're available, and set aside that time for something so they know they'll be busy? I have no idea what this FML is trying to say. When I need to meet up with my family members, we usually email back and forth for several days to figure out when everyone is free to meet up. "Hmm, how's 8:00 PM next Tuesday?" It's a perfectly normal thing to do, for adults who have busy schedules.

varkey 7

@72: OP probably lives at home... @OP: FYL. I know parents like this, although mine weren't (and still aren't).

kitsune3 20

@varkey: Wow, you are kind of an idiot. Wth does where OP lives have to do with anything? Whether or not OP lives at home with his/her parents doesn't have a damn thing to do with how busy his/her mother is. Think a bit more before you comment.

rastafunk 0

Oh my lol, your mom sounds like my dad.

Yeah my moms been promising to hang out with me for the past five years. I'm still waiting for my "appointment"...

So? if my Mom doesn't write down things like that... she'll forget. some people have crappy memories

If she's that busy that she has to pull a planner out to schedule time with you, then politely ask her if you can possibly assist her in helping get some of the things done she needs. Then you can spend quality time with her that way.

I can't see the problem.. My mother does the same because we both are busy and working.