By Anonymous - 23/03/2012 21:46 - United States - Kingman

Today, I still can't find a job to support myself. The only experience I have is a month in retail and a summer spent in a kitchen de-pooping shrimp. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 744
You deserved it 4 112

Same thing different taste

Top comments

pinkcrayola 0

Keep applying and don't give up. If your standards are too high lower them. If all else fails, work at a grocery store; they take pretty much everybody. But also try to get an education so you can get a better job down the road.

De pooping shrimp? Sounds like you are a hard worker willing to do anything to make your money. People should be glad to have you. You will find a job soon.

Comments

Im in the exactly the same position as u :(

You also have experience de-pooping shrimps? Wow, here I was thinking that was such an odd, unpopular job... ;)

florido_fml 10

That's a big responsibility my friend

Maybe you shuda stayed in school fucktard

linkinpark98 23

Maybe you should have stayed in school and actually learned from your grammar lessons.

Unless you are one of those rich kids from families where the business is handed down to you and you do not have to do much, most people in this world start off with no experience. Not only does it take time to gain experience and the most basic skills required at work, but it also takes one's ambition to make what you want happen. Most people are not able to support themselves or live a decent lifestyle when they first start out with a job, so remind yourself that you are not the only one out there. Be glad that you are now building experience and you have a job. After all, if you were a CEO, would you want to hire someone who has no experience or does not try hard to gain experience and to build their skills? I doubt it.

awepeach 3

Sometimes, it's just really hard for people to do anything without adequate support. Why must people be successful anyway? I think we should all ask ourselves this question instead of blindly following others wishes for us.

OP: "Today, I still can't find a job to support myself. " You: "Be glad that you are now building experience and you have a job." *sigh*

awepeach 3

I had no idea they depooped shirmp in a restaurant. Than you for another reason I'm glad I don't eat seafood.

Do you think cows, chicken, and pigs don't shit?

So it would be better to not de-poop a shrimp beforehand?

I think OP chose that term to purposefully garner more reactions; the more common term for it is deveining the shrimp. Techinically "depooping" is a correct term for it, as the "vein" is actually the digestive tract of the shrimp, but that term has connotations of a messy job when it's not really. Just tedious.

HotCheetos22 4

Keep looking OP, you will find a job eventually.

blackvyper 8

Shrimp depoopers are so unappreciated these days.

ImSoEffedUp 10

Get in line with the other millions of people who can't find a job and r drawing unemployment! Don't give up though, sumthin will come along! It may not be what u WANT but it'll be a start... Good luck....!