By Anonymous - 23/03/2012 21:46 - United States - Kingman

Today, I still can't find a job to support myself. The only experience I have is a month in retail and a summer spent in a kitchen de-pooping shrimp. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 744
You deserved it 4 112

Same thing different taste

Top comments

pinkcrayola 0

Keep applying and don't give up. If your standards are too high lower them. If all else fails, work at a grocery store; they take pretty much everybody. But also try to get an education so you can get a better job down the road.

De pooping shrimp? Sounds like you are a hard worker willing to do anything to make your money. People should be glad to have you. You will find a job soon.

Comments

Become a dishwasher ... Get financial aid ... Go to school

cuddlebunny3548 11

How do you de-poop shrimp OP?

jezebel1979 3

That's what u get for ******* w live living things

thenomad 7

Another option is to attend a career center. They have programs for adults and high school students to get you into jobs such as health care, cosmetology, automotive, etc. I paid $500 to take a CNA course that lasted one month. The career center helped us with our initial job search as well. After that course, I landed a job making $35,000 a year to support myself and pay for my nursing school. It's not the most glamorous of jobs, but it surely helps pay the bills.

I admire your plan and the fact that you are following mg through with it. Realistic and achievable goals set to a plan. That is what OP needs.

You were removing their digestive tracts, yes, but the culinary term is "de-veining". Maybe if you didn't tell your potential employers that you're an expert de-pooper, they'd hire you?

Maybe OP used "de-pooping"in the FML because it's much more humerus sounding?

Tdevonner 0

I was in OPs position. Ppl who are saying "shoulda stayed in school" or go get financial aid etc...he mighta done that already. I was in school n needed money to continue. Had little experience since I was just 18 and didnt qualify for finatial aide cuz apparently my mom is rich. She makes about 70k a year but is the only one working right now since my dad hasnt worked, in 4yrs sincd being laid off. She pays all bills and expences for my dad myself and my sister who is in medschool. She also was taking care of both her parents with dimentia overseas. Some ppl have no options. Me n my dad tried getting jobs nobody would hire us. Times got tough but all I know is my mom went to check on my grandpa in the home we had to put him in in jamaica but he conveniently passed away the day after she saw him...not pointing any fingers but all I kno is times were hard.

Although I agreed with 63, I have empathy for you 54. Keep on trudging, life's bound to brighten sometime for you! Keep your head held high.

SobrietyKills 14

So what you're implying is that your mom might have killed your grandfather? Just wanted to be totally clear.

emma_says 6

Most people can't pay for college out of pocket; that's why we get student loans. (And if you don't want to go into debt and can't afford a four year college, community college is much more affordable.) I don't really think that "not being able to afford" an education is a valid excuse. Even taking a few classes to pick up some job skills would be better than doing nothing and complaining about it.

Tdevonner 0

She makes about 70k a year but is the only one working right now since my dad hasnt worked, in 4yrs sincd being laid off. She pays all bills and expences for my dad myself and my sister who is in medschool. She also was taking care of both her parents with dimentia overseas. Some ppl have no options

Tdevonner 0

Me n my dad tried getting jobs nobody would hire us. Times got tough but all I know is my mom went to check on my grandpa in the home we had to put him in in jamaica but he conveniently passed away the day after she saw him...not pointing any fingers but all I kno is times were hard