By needfulthing - 19/11/2010 15:00 - United States

Today, I sent a text to a guy I'd met over the weekend. He'd traveled 40 miles to my town for the date, so I picked up the tab for dinner. My text simply said, "Had a nice time. Looking forward to getting together again." His reply was, "When did you get so needy?" FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 739
You deserved it 3 826

Same thing different taste

Top comments

janabanana18 0

Yeah, seriously. You should not have texted him First. :P

Comments

Sorry but when you pay for dinner on the first date and then text him afterwards you do seem desperate and needy. Let the guy come after you.

SeaNDouble 1

#19 that would make her the freeloader, just because the girl helped pay for the date expense doesn't make him a freeloader at all, she took the tab from him. and he doesn't owe her any money.

Sorry, but we must all accept reality here. Men who don't pay are freeloaders, and women who don't pay respect themselves. Unfair? Sure. Double standard? Absolutely. But that's just the way it is, yo (and it's probably not going to change anytime soon).

Sinkhole 26

37 - Could you explain to me how is it that a woman disrespects herself by picking up the tab?

37, it doesn't matter what double standards society try to make us think about people. If someone tells you to jump off a bridge, would you do it? (Inb4 a bunch of sarcastic responses) A guy who doesn't buy for a date is NOT a freeloader or a gold digger, especially when the woman offered to do it herself. So, Amazeballs, think for yourself for once.

I get what you were trying to do, and it *was* really considerate and nice. But on the first date, you shouldn't be worrying about that at all. In fact, quite the opposite--you should be watching to see just how much he likes you (and had he done the drive and paid, I'd say "two thumbs up"). I would understand if it was his BIRTHDAY and he drove 40 miles, but since it wasn't, you did make yourself look kind of desperate in the eyes of *most* guys. And this guy sounds like a DB anyway, so be glad you saved yourself even more time and money. Go out and find a new cuter, funnier man to have fun with (and let him pay!!).

"Go out and find a new cuter, funnier man to have fun with (and let him pay!!)." Amazeballs, you are seriously a ******* bitch. "LET him pay"? You think it's some kind of honour to a man if he is forced to pay for everything for his woman? Because, after all, "if society says so, than it must be true! HURR!" I thought women were equal in the 21st century? You do realise that equality doesn't mean "equal rights for when and only when it benefits you", right? What's the problem with splitting the bill? Typical, pathetic ******* gold digger mentality

I have to agree with Hughmadd here. You sound like a high-maintenance bitch who thinks she deserves the whole world served to her on a gold platter. Sorry I don't agree with your view, but I actually strive for equality in my relationships.

I think that if a guy pays it is sweet but NOT to be expected. I think a girl should offer to pay her part of the bill.

Someone'ss A Penisss, :/ But iWouldntt Havee Txtdd Soo Fasttt.

MuchDance90s 0

especially not with such illiteracy

MuchDance90s 0

nah, following ridiculous "rules" is better because those who follow them will likely spend most of their fertile years trying to play games .... weeding out the gene pool as someone else said if I went out with somebody and they texted afterward saying that they had a good time, I'd think, "that's great. they had a good time."

MuchDance90s 0

I have never heard of that rule.

omg u guys are rediculous!! she paid fer the dinner. hes the one being a jerk. why do u think shes such a bad person?! who ever said she expected him to go to her town again?

addisonsmom 0

She isnt needy or desperate, she sent one innocent text saying she had a good time. I think most women would. He's just a jerk who got a free meal.