By Eric - 13/05/2011 02:19

Today, I saw my dad chugging a beer in the garage. Why is that so bad? He was hosting an AA meeting in the basement. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 628
You deserved it 2 895

Same thing different taste

Top comments

haha first time I read this I saw the word 'hugging'. personally I prefer that version of it.

m0tl3ycru3 0

getting hammered before AA, oh what a great idea.

Comments

I don't think he's being honest when he told you it was an AA meeting : D

"Anal Aficionado?" In which case, he was just loosening up before the meeting...

nani11 0

wait, just because hes the host dont mean hes an alcoholic right?. no matter how bad of a hipocrite that makes em look tahaha

First I thought it said "hugging a bear." I was highly confused.

for anybody who may be interested: in the brain of an alcoholic there is a chemical called THIQ(Tetrahydroisoquinoline) that gives the alcoholic a craving like a normal person would get if they were hungry. the big difference is when a person eats, they feel full. with THIQ, the alcoholic is never full.

TheDrifter 23

It's a chemical common to many addictions. Food addicts also show elevated levels of it.

That's really sad, OP. I have a good friend who's dad is an alcoholic. It's tough to watch. I hope things can get better for your family.

I can't bring myself to say anything snide or sarcastic here. All the idiots saying "AA is for quitters! omg I'm so funny!" obviously have no idea how alcoholism ruins lives and families. I realise that no one wants to read a serious comment (especially from me) since this is supposed to be a light-hearted site, but that kind of attitude pisses me off.

Correction: "...that kind of attitude off of me pisses." You know what they say about prepositions...and none of that "pisses me off, jerk!"

@71, your joking... right? even such a banal attempt at a joke is bad enough, pedantic and deplorable attempts at trying to be smart is pathetic. you have alot to learn, hopefully you dont hurt too many people while learning it.

i mean @ 67... for some stoopid reason it changes numbers from iphone to puter

**** me sideways. We are in such a dire need for a sarcasm font, and someone's in need of a rectal relaxant...

Durpy, thanks for the correction. I never knew the grammatically-correct way to say that. Now I do!