By Anonymous - 24/07/2012 02:08 - United States

Today, I saw a news story about how wearing flip-flops is dangerous. I scoffed at the ridiculous study and went about my business. Three hours later I accidentally ripped off my toenail. While wearing flip-flops. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 010
You deserved it 22 896

Same thing different taste

Top comments

The irony in this FML and the description makes me want to clip my own toenails before this happens to me.

I don't think "Floridians" are the only ones who wear flip flops.

Comments

*Dun-Dun-Dunnnnn!* (dramatic music) Irony, you scary! D:

Sid you know that in Australia we call them thongs? Karmas a bitch

Well I hate to break it to you, but you toetally deserved it for flipping the media the bird and deciding that you would nail those shoes. Too bad your walking was too floppy and it ended up ripping you a new one. Never mind, those things are hard.

Did you know pizza was invented in Greece?

Flip flop is the dumbest thing to call them, their called thongs

The_F3rris 11

Don't melt away whats left of your brain cells in a tanning bed.

You can subconsciously make shit happen, you WANTED your toe nail gone

Nice going, genius. I knew about the dangers of flip-flops when my best friend nearly lost his toe after he stepped on a rusty nail sticking out of the ground in one.

Theoretically, that sort of thing can happen to anyone, including people with regular shoes. There are plenty of dependent factors, such as how you step on the nail, and at what angle. Throughout my life, I've seen people have nails poked into the bottom of their feet, and you would think that their high-tech, expensive shoes would protect them. Nothing in life is guaranteed.

bubo_fml 10

Use duct tape over the toes...Problem solved!