By kcd - 23/02/2009 14:41 - United States

Today, I saw a girl texting at school. I told her she might want to put her phone away before she got a detention. She turned around and I saw she was changing her insulin level on her pump. She has diabetes. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 868
You deserved it 57 259

Same thing different taste

Top comments

An "Oh sorry" would have ended this drama.

I am guilty of the exact same thing. A friend of mine has diabetes. Once, we were at Subway and he pulled out his insulin pump to check it. I said, "Oooh, nice mp3 player." "That's his insulin pump." "It's my insulin pump." "OH CRAP." It was hilarious. Though it doesn't hold a candle to the time a friend of mine said to a person with horrible burns on their face, "Nice face paint."

Comments

totally agree with #1 you were just looking out for her, so anyone who is getting pissy about your mistake, needs to be brutally slain by a rabid declawed cat.

lemme sum up everyone's feelings: 1. not FML worthy - "oh sorry" would have sufficed. stop making it seem like a big deal and saying "**** my life" for a simple mistake like that. drama queen. 2. mind your own goddamn business, unless this kid was a close friend of yours. otherwise you just appear very snobby. 3. get off my internetz :D (my own)

I agree with 1), but 2) is actually a very nice thing to do. I just recently moved and wasn't sure about the cell phone policy at my new school, so when I had my phone out someone told me to put it away before a teacher saw it. No big deal.

Fed_up_life 0

it is true that it is not worthy, but it was just a mistake... but man thats not evan funny...

Baka_Tatakai22 0

I honestly thought this was hilarious. I have type 1 Diabetes and I use an insulin pump. This has happened to me with several of my teachers and it's quite amusing, I always feel rather bad for them, because they tend to look like jerks when it happens. It was awesome to see this as an FML moment!!!

WFMS 0

me and two of my friends are diabetic and we joke about this kind of stuff we even call ourselves the diabetic possy. but people make mistakes all the time like they tell me to put my phone away when im really taking insulin

This is JUST like that kid who was injecting himself with insulin and got in trouble for doing drugs....

kpearsall 0

I've almost been kicked out of restaurants and coffee shops for injecting insulin. People don't think, subcutaneous injections like insulin look drastically different than pushing hard drugs. You don't have to tie off, for one. For two, it's rather difficult to find a juicy vein in your GUT.

he just didn't want her to get in trouble. there could of been a teacher coming.

I more thoroughly read these comments: #50- teachers go around at schools telling people to put phones away to a lot of people- it was an honest mistake.

TedFreakingBundy 0

they were trying to be helpful. all you people who are saying "mind your own business" have no sense of courtesy. congrats on being shitty human beings.