Thanks for nothing

By Somebody - 19/08/2020 17:01

Today, my mother-in-law came over. Probably thinking that the needles in our fridge were steroids, and wanting to do the right thing, she took them to throw them away. I'm diabetic, and they were my insulin. I went into shock after she left and had to go to the hospital. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 634
You deserved it 144

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Madison Gliosci 16

I’m concerned that your mother in law didn’t come to you about it or ask your spouse Shouldn’t she know you (and her own child) well enough to know you’re diabetic and they aren’t on steroids?

toodamntall 9

Even if they were steroids, you can be prescribed steroids for legitimate medical reasons, so she still shouldn't have thrown them out.

Comments

What a coincidence! I went into shock, too! I'm shocked that your mother-in-law doesn't know that you're diabetic. Do you communicate at all? I'm shocked she thinks your husband uses 'roids! Why is that?

silverscrescent 12

Well, that's a sharp turn of events!

I don't want to sound like a prick, but it appears that the mother-in-law really... ...wait on it... ...stuck it to her!

Madison Gliosci 16

I’m concerned that your mother in law didn’t come to you about it or ask your spouse Shouldn’t she know you (and her own child) well enough to know you’re diabetic and they aren’t on steroids?

You are much more understanding than me. Ida killed a bitch

toodamntall 9

Even if they were steroids, you can be prescribed steroids for legitimate medical reasons, so she still shouldn't have thrown them out.

Hopefully everyone told her what they were and what happened and she doesn't do that again. Did she know you needed insulin/needles because of your diabetes?

crashtestdumplin 16

Well depending where you live you may be able to get them replaced for free. If you have insurance or are on a program they will usually replace medication due to damage, misplacement, etc, once a year. You should have a serious talk with you mother in law or get a lockbox for you medication or if you can afford to, invest in a small refrigerator just for your medication and put it in your room.

leximichelle 13

Why is she even going through your fridge and throwing out your medicine? If she accidentally happened across something that made her uncomfortable while looking for the juice or whatever, she should have asked about it instead of destroying other people’s property. I hope she replaces every dose, for your sake.

Insulin is expensive.... she would literally have a bill waiting

So you just stood there and let her throw them away? I'm really not understanding that. ydi