By kcd - 23/02/2009 14:41 - United States

Today, I saw a girl texting at school. I told her she might want to put her phone away before she got a detention. She turned around and I saw she was changing her insulin level on her pump. She has diabetes. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 868
You deserved it 57 259

Same thing different taste

Top comments

An "Oh sorry" would have ended this drama.

I am guilty of the exact same thing. A friend of mine has diabetes. Once, we were at Subway and he pulled out his insulin pump to check it. I said, "Oooh, nice mp3 player." "That's his insulin pump." "It's my insulin pump." "OH CRAP." It was hilarious. Though it doesn't hold a candle to the time a friend of mine said to a person with horrible burns on their face, "Nice face paint."

Comments

I am guilty of the exact same thing. A friend of mine has diabetes. Once, we were at Subway and he pulled out his insulin pump to check it. I said, "Oooh, nice mp3 player." "That's his insulin pump." "It's my insulin pump." "OH CRAP." It was hilarious. Though it doesn't hold a candle to the time a friend of mine said to a person with horrible burns on their face, "Nice face paint."

i'm diabetic and that happened to me, lol it's really no big deal. it was just kinda funny, it looks NOTHING like a phone, as previously stated.

FML means **** my life. I don't think your life is ****** because you were being nosy. unless you're always this nosy.

I'm a diabetic, and this happened to me. It's a mistake, and i don't mind. But it can get annoying when people keep doing it over and over agian.

TheRipePunani 0

It was an honest mistake. If she was offended at what you said then that is her fault for not being able to realize you had good intentions. This isn't an FML.

i dont think its being too nosy....at my school they take away your phone and make it a huge deal that your parents have to come get it so its not really unusual to have someone tell you to put it away if a teacher is close by

TheRealEllieSan 9

Ur school is weird, none of my teachers care anymore except for a select (crazy) few.

How do you know it wasn't a teacher, "Mind your own business" people? And nice spelling 36, lol.

My boyfriend has type 1 diabetes. =/ some of these comments are rude!!!

Who the hell goes about telling people to put their phones away?