By kcd - 23/02/2009 14:41 - United States

Today, I saw a girl texting at school. I told her she might want to put her phone away before she got a detention. She turned around and I saw she was changing her insulin level on her pump. She has diabetes. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 868
You deserved it 57 259

Same thing different taste

Top comments

An "Oh sorry" would have ended this drama.

I am guilty of the exact same thing. A friend of mine has diabetes. Once, we were at Subway and he pulled out his insulin pump to check it. I said, "Oooh, nice mp3 player." "That's his insulin pump." "It's my insulin pump." "OH CRAP." It was hilarious. Though it doesn't hold a candle to the time a friend of mine said to a person with horrible burns on their face, "Nice face paint."

Comments

Ductapefiend 3

Haha, I'm a diabetic with a pump and people do this to me constantly. Usually it's funny to hear the things people think it is... but when teachers go to rip your "cell phone" out of your hands and tear out your site ITS NOT FUNNY! Agreeing with everyone, stop being too nosey, but it is a bit humerous when people say these things.

haha, yes there's a girl with an insulin pump at my school, and she DID text a lot in the class we had together, and since her pump emits a high frequency beep every now and then, I assumed it was one of those young-ear ring tones for a while.

56, that's why i have an omnipod. it's tubeless.

xbeetus_be_sexyx 0

haha, dude! pumps do not look like cell phones at all! ;) but that's hilarious... people ripping the pumps out of their sites...

You are not allowed to use your cell phone even in hallways and such? Or she was doing it during the class?

haha... people do that to me all the time.... best is when its actually my phone and I just say its my insulin pump.

not a big deal..but you should mind your own business.

StephC_fml 0

Okay. some people need to chill out with these comments. First of all, the person was nice about and looking out for the girl's best interests. It's not like they were a jerk about it. Second of all, it's kcd said they were a teacher and that is part of their job. Finally, unless you were there, who are you to tell kcd that they should mind their own business?

So you can't tell the difference between a flash, slimmer, color-screened, dozen+ buttoned cellphone and a 2-4 buttoned, smaller but bulky insulin meter with a smaller mono-colored screen?

dk_fml 0

Not a big deal--and, everyone who thinks it's impossible to confuse an insulin pump with something else--mine's been called everything from a pager to an mp3 player. People just assume when they see you with something like that--it'd be a bit off if they stared long enough to figure it all the way out. Shit happens.....