By DaisyMay - 04/04/2011 19:47 - United States

Today, I returned home to find the key to my mailbox missing. I called the post office and was informed that a new key will cost me $15. I have no money, and my paycheck is in the mailbox. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 360
You deserved it 5 200

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You don't have 15 bucks? I think you might have bigger problems then missing a key.

Meet the mailman @ the mailbox tomorrow

Comments

enyawettil 1

I didn't see that it said $15 dollars,...just $15.

you no,, this is one of those very few times where you should walk up to the neighbor hood hobo and ask for 16 bucks... $15 to get a new key... and then use the $1 that's left to buy that special hobo a burger off of the dollar menu at mcdonalds in thanks........ just a suggestion.....

I agree with enyawettil (by the way what kinda name is that XD) it just says "$15", I don't see dollars anywhere :P And in response to the FML, how do you not have fifteen dollars? O_o

Maybe her job doesn't have direct deposit o.o Mine doesn't

you mean you came home and realized that you had LOST your key.

thatsmeh 0
TabzTheLoserKidd 4

next time don't lose the key.

Totally feel for you. At this moment in time, I don't have $15 either. College is a bitch sometimes :( My paychecks are eaten almost as soon as I get them, between bills, rent, groceries. First up, wait for the mailman tomorrow if you can. I've never had a mailman deny me access to my mailbox if I met them while they were delivering mail. Even UPS will let you take your stuff right off the truck if they have it when you run into them. Secondly, look for any secret stashes of money. That might mean canceling your Netflix for the month, or asking roommates to pay you for utilities early or asking for an extension on your utility bill (mine lets me pay late up to five days, if I notify them beforehand, and they have a fund you can request if you can't pay your bill). You might turn in your rent check late (unless there's a fee!), if that's an option, to keep that money in the account longer. Thirdly, sell stuff. That armchair in the corner that no one uses, or that really ancient gameboy advance in your desk, the extra TV in your room, the birdcage you've had since your bird died, the spare vacuum? Craigslist/Amazon/Ebay that shit-- you'd be surprised what people are looking for (especially furniture!). Find old textbooks and list them on Amazon (but be warned that you will have to pay to ship them BEFORE you are PAID for them). Pack up movies/books you don't like and sell the lot. Check Craigslist for odd jobs, too. I've seen things listed like helping someone move, babysitting, painting houses, watching pets... And there's "Amazon Mechanical Turk" which is an interesting concept, though I've never used it. You're paid a very tiny fee to do something a computer couldn't (like write a paragraph about something). If you have time to spare and are desperate for cash, it could be a good option. Maybe check out universities in your area and see if any of them have studies or surveys you can participate in that would compensate you. Last resort, borrow from someone. A friend, relative, coworker. Yes, it sucks to admit you're dirt poor (I got down to $0.11 in my bank account last month), but most adults understand because most adults have been there. Try people who have borrowed from you in the past. Also, you can always jack up the amount (to $30 or $50) so that it's not so apparent that you're down to your pocket change. But be careful, in case they don't want to lend so much.

xoxchelaxox08 17

There's no need for you to be a dick either, but you seem pretty good at it.

rallets 22

thats the problem, it would take a few minutes to read all that. **** that shit as also there is no need for your pointless input either :D hey chela! :)

xoxchelaxox08 17
rallets 22
xoxchelaxox08 17

I've been lurking. I haven't had any witty comments to say lately, so I've just kept my mouth shut.

The comments section is not a chat room. If you don't like a comment or it's too long for you, move on and keep the obnoxious comments to yourself.

rallets 22
xoxchelaxox08 17

Sorry, Sirin! Please don't hurt me!

rallets 22
xoxchelaxox08 17
xoxchelaxox08 17

Stop it! You're going to get us in trouble again! lol

rallets 22
rallets 22

#88 wait a minute...you actually counted how many words were in that? o_O WOW you must have a lot of time

xoxchelaxox08 17

He probably just copied and pasted it onto Word or something with a word count. If not, it wouldn't surprise me. A lot of his comments are rude, and he seems like a total asshole. That would lead me to believe he doesn't have friends, so he probably has the free time to count it all.

did u have to write a lecture? you culda just said Sell stuff,save money,and this person has a job already...dumass

rallets 22