By nick - 12/01/2015 08:23 - United Kingdom - Cambridge

Today, I refused to serve a woman alcohol, as she looked underage. She complained to my manager about "age racism". FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 885
You deserved it 2 737

Same thing different taste

Top comments

"Sir, I'll have you know that your employee thinks I am Younganese. This is incredibly racist, I'm clearly Boozehoundian."

Comments

AL3XFML 7
Lord_Hades 14

That's why we have Ids! Why didn't you ask to see hers!

The UK doesn't have a policy to check IDs? In certain states in the US they check IDs whenever you buy booze (depending on store policy), regardless of how old you look.

We do have that policy. I work in a supermarket and if someone looks under 25 and is trying to buy booze we have to ask them for ID. A couple of months ago a guy yelled at one of my co-workers because she refused to serve him as he didn't have ID. I'm 18 and look a bit older than I am but get ID'd at most clubs I go to.

It is discrimination, but legally so. Just as insurance companies are allowed to discriminate, against any particular demographic they choose. The government has decided that it is in society's best interest that people cannot drink until a certain age. Now op this person is obviously a stooge who is cleverly trying to game the system, even though she used the wrong term, technically she is correct.

It's actually called ageism it's a real thing look it up

lol are you serious she needs to get a better education

mimi809o 21

why didn't you just card them?

adnanrm18 12

ahhh the brilliance of our generation!