By nick - 12/01/2015 08:23 - United Kingdom - Cambridge

Today, I refused to serve a woman alcohol, as she looked underage. She complained to my manager about "age racism". FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 885
You deserved it 2 737

Same thing different taste

Top comments

"Sir, I'll have you know that your employee thinks I am Younganese. This is incredibly racist, I'm clearly Boozehoundian."

Comments

age racism is a very real thing; when i was 13 i got arrested for drunk driving just because of my age

Well, were you drunk? And what were you doing driving around at 13?

15- Did you call the Juvenilish Defense League?

And...now I understand why you have Pinocchio for your profile pic.

Imagine what she would have said if you asked for some ID.

xluciferx666 21

How did he do the right thing? I am in no way defending the customer for what she said, but I look underage as well and I don't get refused alcohol because I look young, I get asked for an ID. The customer is stupid for what they said, but, if you go straight off what is written in the FML, the OP is just as stupid for refusing based purely on looking underage without asking for an ID.

TheD3stroy3r 2

The term would be age discrimination but that doesn't apply there....

Actually, technically it does. The fact it's allowed by law doesn't change the definition of the word :P.

lol. How rude of you. That must have been fun though. Sorry OP.

Why didn't you just card her and know her age fur sure?

You can't assume that, the OP said they refused alcohol just because the Customer looked underage, if you go straight off what is said, I'd say the OP deserved the complaint, no matter how stupid the complaint was.

In England if you look under 25 then they ask for ID

I assume you didn't card seeing as you said she 'looked' underage, so you might be to blame if she really is of age.

In terms of checking for some sort of ID, maybe she didn't have any with her and hoped to get away with it. If she didn't, then the law and most policies protect OP here.

You have to fight for your right to P-A-R-T-Y...

LostInTheZone11 29

Tell that to Johnny Law and see how far that gets you.