By boudinette - 15/04/2015 10:14 - France - Saint-martin-d'heres

Today, I received the beautiful dress I'd ordered on the internet. It's a size smaller than my usual, just to encourage me to lose weight. I managed to fit into it and wear it all day, but I've now been struggling for a couple of hours to remove it without tearing it to bits. FML
I agree, your life sucks 390
You deserved it 226

Top comments

Buy the size you have, not the size you want.

codytallica 38

I understand the point but why do women do this to themselves? YDI for knowing it wouldn't fit

Comments

Sometimes I buy clothes for the motivation of fitting into them, but I don't squeeze my ass into them while I can't!!

I'm sorry, but I don't follow that logic at all. All that buying a size smaller is going to do is make you feel terrible about yourself, and make your body actually uncomfortable. Buy your correct size, feel comfortable, feel confidant, and be happy about your body. If this had to do with obesity that would be one thing, but if you're shaming yourself about not being just one size smaller, you'd do better just accepting yourself. Women who wear clothes too small for them don't look their best. You look good if the clothes you wear fit you.

Well usually you don't wear them while they're too small, it's not about shaming yourself either it's about being excited to fit into the piece of clothing once you've accomplished a goal so the idea of cramming yourself into while it doesn't fit you is just stupid

But why waste your money on "motivation" if you don't even know if you will lose the weight? First lose the weight, then reward yourself with buying a new dress. That just makes more sense to me; and then there's no money wasted in case op by some chance doesn't lose the weight.

Why try so hard to be a small? What's wrong with being medium?

That's just the illustration. Don't know what the OP's sizes were. But you are right.

well its the karma of the world from one side wearing it scratch ur ego and make u feel good then the trouble of removing it balancing the positive. tho u can try push it back to the positive zone by trying to let some one else to remove it for u next time.. tho it might get balanced by u getting pregnant..ah... well karma hard thing to balance

YDI, but if you don't want to ruin the dress you will have to sleep in it. We all expand a little bit during the day due to gravity, and shrink a bit after laying down. That's why you were able to put it on in the morning but can't get it off in the afternoon. Next time but your size and know that feeling comfortable and confident makes you more beautiful than looking like a sausage.

Attacksloth 33

Okay I understand putting something on is easier than taking it off, but even so, when something clearly doesn't fit, you'd still have to force it a bit when putting it on in the first place. How did you not know this would happen?

You've probably stretched and warped it.

gobiteme2 34

If you every try this again OP, hang it up in a place you see all the time and use it for motivation to lose weight before you put it on.

anonyi 14

why is this in the 'love' category?

_guy_j 12

Is it a white and gold color or blue and black?