By marriedtoatool - 26/12/2012 06:15 - Australia - Sydney

Today, I received from my husband for Christmas the body lotion that only he uses. And nothing else. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 691
You deserved it 2 939

Same thing different taste

Top comments

No real man uses lotion. If a real man's skin gets dry, he moisturises with the blood of a rattlesnake. A rattlesnake he caught. With his teeth.

wow, that's almost like the woman that bought lingerie for herself, as her husbands gift, only to have her husband spazz. it goes both ways....

Comments

Has he always been this lousy of a gift-giver? You can always give it to him on his birthday--and nothing else.

saffy66 34

Maybe he forgot to buy her a gift and panic-wrapped the only thing he had on hand. My husband forgot to buy me something two years ago, which devastated me as I thought he'd done it deliberately since we going through a rough patch. Turns out he was just thoughtless. Three days after Christmas he finally asked me why I was moody and was embarrassed when I told him. He stormed out in a huff and spent 45 minutes in a checkout queue to get me some nice lollies and a few other small things. The OP really needs to ask her husband about this; trouble is that's a hard conversation to start when you're expecting the worst.

My ex once gave me my own shirt back. The one bought for me two years prior, then hid from me. Plus, I got scissors he stole from work. He could not understand why I was not thrilled to get the shirt back, after all, didn't I lithe it?

desireev 17

I guess you missed the memo that being with your loved ones and GIVING is *supposed* to be the best part of Christmas. Receiving gifts being the best part is for the selfish and ungrateful. *Supposed to go under #10's comment!*

KiddNYC1O 20

Damn, I know us men dislike shopping but I didn't think we can stoop this low...

Did you marry my ex? If I got a gift it was always something he wanted.

Maybe that lotion is more special to him than it is to you

I'm really tired of those who say it's not about getting presents. Yes, we all know that. However; it does say A LOT about their relationship if a man is that thoughtless that he gives something shows how little he cares. My husband gave me earrings that I will never wear in a million years. But he knows I like earrings and really tried. Of course it made me happy he gave them to me, and he will never know that I probably won't wear them. Because in the spirit of Xmas it would be completely ungrateful of me to be upset with him. That makes sense. OP has every right to be upset with her idiot husband. Hopefully he makes it up to her the rest of the year in other ways and she is not stuck with a clueless, thoughtless moron all the time!