By unwanted - 24/12/2011 02:24 - United States

Today, I realized my wife often switches the TV channel from the crime dramas we both like, to Hollywood gossip shows that I can't stand, just to get me to leave the room. From the other room, I can see that she switches back once I've left. She's probably been doing this for years. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 034
You deserved it 3 693

Same thing different taste

Comments

Next time just take the remote from her.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
lindseykcool 6

25- that's the exact way I read her comment too.

So, 8, if I read that correctly, you're saying that if I DO want to get slapped I shouldn't take a 'chicks' remote. So to be safe and NOT get slapped, I should go an steal my girlfriends remote right now?

well stop farting and maybe she wont want you to leave!

rednecktrucker 9

What are you in? Like middle school? Like totally you must be.

Take the remote and slap her face with your ****.... Controlling the remote is a mans birthright.

or he can just walk back into the room again

BikeAllDay818 6
Ozone1232 5

2 to get him to leave. It was kinda obvious, unless you misread the FML then it's no biggie.

I think they meant why she wants him to leave.

Yeah I figured that after a while then I saw my comment edit thing go to 2 then to 1 and then I was all like :(.

I know right? I cried in a corner for two hours. This FML might have been posted a few minutes ago but that does not mean I have not been crying for two hours.

SimpleMinds_fml 7

MrSassypants... shut the **** up

jwade11 12

Don't feel unwanted OP. Although your significant other wants space doesn't mean you're not appreciated and desired. Alone time is healthy, calming, and extremely needed sometimes. All relationships need a little space every once in a while, doesn't mean the feelings have changed, so keep a smile.

Valy_fml 5

What do you do that's so bad she wants you to leave the room?

miz_kamakazi 11

That was my thought exactly! Maybe OP is a talker... Or a questioner.... Or worse.... A spoiler! I hate watching movies with people who won't be quiet!

I do this to my brother simply becasue he won't shut up, no matter how many times I tell him to.

StitchnLilo 24

In my opinion, while i really hate people who always talk and ask questions and such, whats worse is a bf(now ex) who wont let u watch a movie you really wanna see by always trying to make-out, and if that doesnt happen, they do all of the above(talk, question, and spoil if theyve seen or heard it)

whippymcdumb4zs 0

75 in my vast understanding of how the majority of the male culture operates, they do those things to get you to shut off the movie/show and "make out" those guys are classified as the impatient **** driven "players" and should be avoided.

I'm a bit more blunt. I tend to, just as politely as I can, ask them to shut the hell up or leave. Some people just can't and have to ask questions and make comments like "Omg! This is so unrealistic. Why wouldn't she...". I'm assuming the guys one of those annoying pesty people who don't realise that the show is more interesting than them.

Turn it to Go! Diego Go when she's there. o3o

AdrianEC 15

How about Disney Channel? Bad singing and intolerable actors? I'd leave the whole house. *says the guy with the Phineas and Ferb icon*

lindseykcool 6

that is true about Disney, but the good thing about Phineas and Pherb is that they aren't real, so they're already ten times better than the Disney actors.

NotsoobviousTrol 5

I used to watch tv then I took an arrow to the knee

When you get a wife do the same and tell us how it goes

whippymcdumb4zs 0

6: you do realize that there is a minimum required I.Q. to join any branch of the military right? And by the way the marine Corp is party of the navy. You should probably do a little research on the military if you're going to attempt to join it.

Privacy! Some people sometimes just irk other people.

But surely not when you're married to each other!

Maybe a little less when married, but everybody still needs some alone time :)

Shouldn't She Be In The Kitchen ? ( Im Just Joking ) But Thats Pretty Messed Up Op .

Why Do You Capitalize Every First Letter? That's Kinda Weird And Also A Little Annoting.

13 It is but I see no comment that did that. Are you talking to yourself?

Why do I capitalize every first letter? I'm not, you are. I'm using correct grammar.

Just pretend you like the gossip shows or tell her to go in the other room if she wants to watch that shit.

Start acting like you love the dramas to make her leave, then you can switch it back.