By unwanted - 24/12/2011 02:24 - United States

Today, I realized my wife often switches the TV channel from the crime dramas we both like, to Hollywood gossip shows that I can't stand, just to get me to leave the room. From the other room, I can see that she switches back once I've left. She's probably been doing this for years. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 034
You deserved it 3 693

Same thing different taste

Comments

Really, it seems like she's found a polite (or at least discreet) way of having some alone time every once in awhile. If you two had lots of problems, she'd probably start a fight and actually *tell* you to leave. The fact that she tries to spare your feelings about it is a good thing, and frankly it doesn't seem like that big an issue. You don't have to spend *all* your time together, after all.

I do the same thing. I have a full day at work, I cook dinner, I do the dishes, talk with my husband for a couple hours. If he's still downstairs, it's time for Glee or Gossip Girl. Aw, you're going upstairs, honey? *pretend sad* THAT BEING SAID. Aren't there apps where you can use your smartphone as a remote? Or, universal remotes. Or, next time she does it, mosey over to her side of the couch for a nice chaste cuddle and pretend to be absorbed in the trashy show.

Lmao, i used to do that to my bf, only when he was being annoying, or i was mad. :P

Maybe she just changes it when commercials are on, then going back to the original when suspected on. My mother did that all the time.

usmcheins 1

You have the dick, you make the rules.

TallMist 32

Joking or not, that's very sexist.