By Silver_Jet - 30/08/2015 14:09 - Canada - Beamsville

Today, I realized I could make more money being on welfare than I can at my current job. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 533
You deserved it 2 276

Silver_Jet tells us more.

Op here didn't login to post because I didn't think it would get published. I want to clarify a few things. #1 I'm not on welfare. #2 I work part time but my employer doesn't want me to get another job. #3 I work overnight shifts for below minimum wage. #4 I needed a college diploma to get this job.

Top comments

At least you have a job. A lot of people can't say that.

carlfirebolt 27

I mean you should feel proud earning that money.

Comments

sh4ll0truth88 8

You must live in Florida... Specifically near Orlando

it says where OP lives, it's Ontario Canada.

You can still get good benefits from a job, like insurance.

Looks like the welfare systems around the world echo each other. OP is from Canada, but in America, there are similar problems. It occurs everywhere. Some jobs pay you nothing and *also* give you no incentive to work (e.g., insurance, health, etc.). I had a mate in England make a similar complaint. At least Canadians don't complain about their free-ish healthcare and chalk it up to "socialism." 'Murica.

Yeah I had a job where a beggar was making more money than me and he didn't have to pay tax.

There was a lady in the news, where I'm from, a while back. She was a begger, but she had her own apt. With a big screen tv and other luxury items. Her son was a dr. And she made well over 100$ a day, asking others for money. Kinda sad.

Here in China, we don't get this kind of problem because either you work or you starve to death. And the welfare is for rich people who are rich enough to bribe the officials who judge who will get the welfare.I suggest you keep on working if you are on a job which you can learn from.And one day your experience will bring you to a better paid job. If you current job is just hard labor, you need a new job! But anyway don't sit on welfare!

backdoorman010 9

I dispise people who take the easy way out just because. earn your money like the rest of us and quit being a ******* mooch. save the welfare for people who need it. you get no sympathy from me.

Dude, OP has a job. He is saying that welfare recipients make MORE than he does. Chill.

leogachi 15

@65 How the hell did you misinterpret this?

But you shouldn't succumb to that whenever you know that being a hardworking citizen and earning what you have is the way to go.

That's why minimum wage should always be pegged to be above welfare.