By Silver_Jet - 30/08/2015 14:09 - Canada - Beamsville

Today, I realized I could make more money being on welfare than I can at my current job. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 533
You deserved it 2 276

Silver_Jet tells us more.

Op here didn't login to post because I didn't think it would get published. I want to clarify a few things. #1 I'm not on welfare. #2 I work part time but my employer doesn't want me to get another job. #3 I work overnight shifts for below minimum wage. #4 I needed a college diploma to get this job.

Top comments

At least you have a job. A lot of people can't say that.

carlfirebolt 27

I mean you should feel proud earning that money.

Comments

Yup, there are people earning 1.4k a month (1 adult, 1 adult child) along with many benefits of the welfare system such as drug card, bus fare/metropass (unlimited bus travel), housing subsidies, A LOT of help getting training classes (certificates for free), full time employment help programs etc..mean while I work for about 800 a month part time no benefits and will be let go in a week (can't claim EI ; not enough hours)

Hey, I'm in Ontario too. And our town is often called a 'welfare' town for this reason. People get on it, realize they can't find a full-time minimum wage job, which would only give them a little bit more per month than welfare anyway, and then just sit on it.

That's because the system is set up to keep the poor in poverty, and make and the rich richer.

I recently played a game. I learned how I could make money. at first it was hard to earn much, but as I had more money, it became much easier to gain money. the richer I was, the easier it was to make money. the poorer I was, the harder it was to make money.

53 -- It sounds simplistic, but it's true (mostly, anyway). It does indeed take money to make money, and that's why you find a lot of people with big dreams and limited wiggle room. However, you have two groups of people: those who create/take opportunities/risks, and those who don't. You have well-off people that struggle once their source of income has dried up (like me), and people who try to find ways to actualize their plans regardless of financial status (me, again). "Who dares, wins."

keep working millions on welfare depend on you.

the children, the elderly, the disabled, and those who have fallen on hard time.

Life decisions to be made right now

21, I think that what 4 meant was that 1/2 of Americans make less working than if they were on welfare.

Get a different job just don't live off of welfare if you can work.