By citylife - 20/04/2013 20:22 - United States

Today, I realized how tiny my apartment is, when I was able to vacuum from bedroom to bathroom through the living room without switching the power outlet from the one in the kitchen. I pay a fortune to live in this shoebox. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 684
You deserved it 10 049

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You're paying for the luxury of not having to switch power outlets. You know how bothersome that is? And how costly it is to provide?

NewYorkMexPR 14

At least you have a place to live in

Comments

TheCutestLizard 28

Do you want to trade? Having a large place isn't always what it's cracked up to be. The more space you have, the more stuff you accumulate and the more you have to clean!

How would you like to live in the same bedroom you've had since you were 7 in a twin size bed with your mother on little mermaid sheets and have more in student loans than your bank account and no professional job growth to show for it? No? Then STFU and quit complaining.

Dude, I know exactly what that is like. Exactly the same situation for me!

Since when does that mean your flat is small? I live in a large, four bedroom house, spread over 3 floors, and I can hoover the ground floor and 90% of the first floor from a single power socket. Centrally located socket, right by the staircase, and the hoover has a long cord. Does that somehow mean my place is small? No.

I don't understand the Fml, it didn't shrink on you, it shouldn't be a suprise to you.

Maybe your vacuum has a really long cord.. hmm?

You knew how small the place was when you signed the lease. Either start saving money for a bigger place (which may require cutting back on other expenses or finding additional employment) or be thankful that the only thing you have to complain about is its size. I once paid what I thought was a fortune for a tiny apartment with no parking, a landlord that spoke a different language than me, mold in the bathroom, paper thin walls and a neighbor who yelled at her cat and television all hours of the night. The week I moved out the carbon monoxide detector started going off so the landlord removed it altogether. Still, it was a good location hence the price.