By NotEnoughCleaner - 12/11/2009 17:30 - United Kingdom

Today, I realised I hate my cat. She has 'stress incontinence', which involved her peeing all over my house. Last week I found out she'd been peeing on my stove, and I can't clean off the smell. Now whenever I try to cook some food, the kitchen is flooded with the scent of burning cat pee. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 474
You deserved it 5 685

midgie tells us more.

Oh, she's been to the vet. Lots. And apparently, unlike in humans, cat 'stress incontinence' isn't the kind where you pee when you sneeze, but the kind where you pee everywhere when you're stressed. Why is she stressed? We think she freaked out when my husband worked away from home for a few weeks. Why isn't she better - dunno! She has meds. from the vet to help her. I can't keep her out of the kitchen, due to the design of my funny, v. old, house the kitchen doesn't have a door to close it off from the rest of the house. Also her cat-flap (kitty door) is in the front door, which opens onto ...the kitchen. And she's been peeing under my bed... I've now thoroughly run out of tolerance for cat pee, hence the hatred...

Top comments

I've always wondered what the scent of burning cat pee is like. In some Asian cultures burning cat pee is used for aromatherapy. Consider yourself lucky that you have a cat that is aware of this fact. Your own little aroma therapist!

PhillyGirl2 0

um, ew. but you shouldnt hate her, its not her fault. you should have trained her and possibly have her spayed (if thats the actual problem, usually its only with males tho)

Comments

popatia 0

STFU with all your damn cat stories. Nobody gives a shit.

If your cat feels miserable enough that the extreme stress is pushing her THAT far, then you are a total failure as a pet owner. YDI, because you could do SO MANY things to soothe her and put an end to her stress issues.

theteal 0

Yes, like euthanize her. Animals can feel stress for other reasons like their owner leaving on a trip or working more. It doesn't have to be the animal is being beaten or neglected. Especially in temperamental evil monsters like cats. Doesn't anyone also realize how unhealthy it is. I mean come on traces of cat pee in the place where you cook your food. Disgusting.

Tell me about it. No money for a new stove. FML. - OP.

Thanks Mermaid lol I would NEVER mix em though. Bleach is all I use...

if his litter box doesn't meet our cats cleanliness standards he'll pee in the laundry. vinegar is about the only thing that gets the smell out.

She knows she's not allowed up there. Never went before, in 11 yrs. Only started jumping up there to pee on my stove :(

Your cat might have kidney disease, so take it to a different vet. In addition, let someone adopt it that can deal with the "stress incontinence." The only cats I've ever heard of having that were in households that they hated... and peeing all over is usually a sign of an underlying disease. (My cats only peed in places other than the litterbox when they had chronic renal failure, and a few times when one was mad at me for not giving her soft food.)

youthink_fml 0

Stress incontinence? Are you kidding me? Your cat, like most cats, is just an asshole.

F your cats life for having such a whiny, bitchy owner. No person who wasn't dead inside would care more about that than their sick pet, and even go so far as to say they hate their animal. Unfortunately most people are more stupid and disgusting than any animal so it happens a lot.

theteal 0

Exhibit A- see above poster How about caring about keeping sanitary conditions for everyone, animals included. Would you really want to eat food cooked off of something that a cat peed on? I don't think so.

there r way 2 many ppl that care about cats...its an effin cat, they rn't loyal they dont give a shit about u and u cant train them. if u have a crappy cat shoot it

blindwhisper 0

ydi ... why would u even have a cat when dogs were invented ?