By NotEnoughCleaner - 12/11/2009 17:30 - United Kingdom

Today, I realised I hate my cat. She has 'stress incontinence', which involved her peeing all over my house. Last week I found out she'd been peeing on my stove, and I can't clean off the smell. Now whenever I try to cook some food, the kitchen is flooded with the scent of burning cat pee. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 474
You deserved it 5 685

midgie tells us more.

Oh, she's been to the vet. Lots. And apparently, unlike in humans, cat 'stress incontinence' isn't the kind where you pee when you sneeze, but the kind where you pee everywhere when you're stressed. Why is she stressed? We think she freaked out when my husband worked away from home for a few weeks. Why isn't she better - dunno! She has meds. from the vet to help her. I can't keep her out of the kitchen, due to the design of my funny, v. old, house the kitchen doesn't have a door to close it off from the rest of the house. Also her cat-flap (kitty door) is in the front door, which opens onto ...the kitchen. And she's been peeing under my bed... I've now thoroughly run out of tolerance for cat pee, hence the hatred...

Top comments

I've always wondered what the scent of burning cat pee is like. In some Asian cultures burning cat pee is used for aromatherapy. Consider yourself lucky that you have a cat that is aware of this fact. Your own little aroma therapist!

PhillyGirl2 0

um, ew. but you shouldnt hate her, its not her fault. you should have trained her and possibly have her spayed (if thats the actual problem, usually its only with males tho)

Comments

Poor cat :( she obviously can't help the peeing. Train her to stay away from certain rooms of the house.

quarty165 0

It is possible to train a cat, but it's extremely difficult. FYL indeed, cat pee is nearly impossible to get out and has an awful stench.

ZeroCharisma 0

You could try a product called Feliway. It's available in either a spray or you can get it in diffiser form and it's supposed to help relieve stress and anxiety in cats. Try it. The worst that could happen is it doesn't work.

2010willbeballin 0

Oh my goodness, my cat did this too! Its so weird how many cats pee on stoves(looking at some other's comments who have the same problem) hahahahhaha It's the WORST smell ever! We would open windows and turn fans on and leave the house. It was awful. We got rid of that cat, she was crazy anyway. She was supposed to be indoor/outdoor but hated being outside so we couldn't move her outside. I never even considered taking her to a vet, I always just assumed it was another new crazy trait of hers.

So you hate her because she's SICK? ****** up, OP, ****** up. You obviously aren't an animal person to hate a cat for something she has no control over. Yes, the smell stinks. I have 5 cats... 3 strays that have been living around for several months now. As soon as I get enough money, which may be a long time, I'm taking them all to the vet just for regular check ups and spay/neutered.

They have a shot for that. Just one small prick, and the cat won't ever pee again.

Wtf...you hate your cat because it's sick? The cat can't help it...

ur nice, u hate ur cat all coz it has a problem it can't help

Don't listen to all of these bleeding heart animal lovers. Hate cats on principal! They're smug little demons that make you work for their love. Dogs are much better. And they don't usually pee on the stove.

Dogs pee in your bed instead, much better huh?

notsoordinary 0

no dogs they dnt do that! only idiotic cats do that

my dog pees only where she is supposed to :) dogs aren't like cats... they appreciate their masters more

Something like this happened to me only my cat wasnt sick parents kicked it out of the house it had another litter of kittens then ended up being eaten by the coyotes luckily the kittens could eat real food by the time she left having a cat that pees all over everything sucks but don't give up!

theteal 0

Something like this happens to me only I read about it all my punctuation got eaten by coyotes except luckily one little one escaped it is now at the end!