By Porkletmon - 25/12/2016 20:49 - United States - Philadelphia

Today, my boyfriend's dad's new girlfriend gave me a bar of soap, a sequin dress covered in her body odor, and a child-sized used Coach purse that smells like feet. She insists that I wear this outfit to their New Years Eve party. I gave them a bottle of expensive olive oil and a vinegar set. FML
I agree, your life sucks 8 088
You deserved it 744

Porkletmon tells us more.

OP here. I didn't create an account because I didn't think this would get posted. Thanks for making my day! I just wanted to clarify some things, especially about the olive oil and vinegar gift set. The father is Italian and appreciates a good bottle of vinegar and oil, I'm not talking about the regular kinds you can get at the supermarket, but olive oil that is cold pressed and infused with rosemary herbs, the vinegar is infused with dark espresso and they both gushed about it. Now, about the soap, it is not "fancy" or thoughtful, it was a square bar of soap (think Dial) in a Ziplock bag, the soap had no wrappings. Had I not notice the foul odor coming from the armpit area of the dress, I would have agreed that the dress probably just absorbed some of the smell from her house, but in this case, I highly doubt it. Also, the dress tag was put in through a thread loop, not through the fabrics, and the tag was already yellowed with stains. The Coach leather bag itself had a strong leather smell, but what I smelled was something resembling sweaty feet, the purse had dried white stains on it and parts of the leather was scratched up. Needless to say, you won't see me wearing any of those things on New Years Eve. Happy Holidays everyone!

Top comments

That is disgusting she would give you used clothes and a nasty smelling purse. Burn said items when you get home. And tell her you already have a nicer outfit picked up for the party. BTW, your dad has poor taste in girlfriends.

^agreed. What if they actually asked or wanted an oil/vinegar set...

Comments

crazy_bananas 31

You're an adult, don't wear it.

Anything covered in sequins I automatically regard as completely unusable in any way, those things feel creepy.

Speaking of creepy, I feel as if the character in your picture is staring into me... As if somehow the artist found some sort of way for an image to decode the nature of my very soul. I must meditate on today's experiences.

Dude, you should play Life is Strange if that photo affected you so deeply.

Insist that you repay the gift by making her a salad, and make sure to use up both the vinegar and the oil. In other words, tit for tat.

Use alot it.. Jazz it up by pouring it with your feet.

Jyzlow 8

Olive oil and Vinegar set? What do you get the people that you dislike? YDI

#5 Why do they deserve it? One you don't know them. I know I would enjoy getting and oil and vinegar set, especially if it's a good quality one. But either way OP at least thought about what to get and gave them something bought for them, when it seems like the return gift was just scrounged up at last minute.

^agreed. What if they actually asked or wanted an oil/vinegar set...

corky1992 33

I wouldnt wear it. She will get over it.

Tell her you already had an outfit picked out!

That is disgusting she would give you used clothes and a nasty smelling purse. Burn said items when you get home. And tell her you already have a nicer outfit picked up for the party. BTW, your dad has poor taste in girlfriends.

bushidomaster 9

She said it was her boyfriend's dad.

Next year, get her a vinegar and water set!

Today, I gave my boyfriend's daughter a luxury bar of soap, a Coach purse, and a brand new dress to wear to our New Years Eve party. She acted like it was cruel and unusual punishment, mainly because she thinks her dad and I don't belong together. Which may explain the oil and vinegar she got us.

14: Only it wasn't the boyfriend's daughter. It was the girlfriend of his son.

This is blatantly ignoring the fact that the purse and dress weren't new and apparently smelled. This doesn't make sense.

New leather Coach bags can have a smell, and sometimes it's not pleasant. It's from the leather and goes away quickly. Its common with lots of leather goods. The dress could just smell like her because, I don't know, it was at her house? As for the soap, maybe it was a nice bar of goat's milk or bee's wax soap? She may have really tried to find gifts OP would have liked...