By Anonymous - 20/04/2012 01:26 - United States

Today, I offered my phone number to the guy I've been flirting back and forth with all week. He said no. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 751
You deserved it 4 028

Same thing different taste

Top comments

It's better you learned he's not interested now than when you're more involved...trust me

He's not a douche, he told her straight up that he wasn't interested. That's better than being led on and lied too. It's not the end of the world OP.

Comments

ayyemmcee 1

Better to have loved then lost, then to have never...... Wait. Oops. Sorry OP:(

Better that way. He wasn't interested but the easy way was to take your number and just never call. He took the more brave and honest route of telling you straight. It's a knock for you, but "who dares wins" as they say in the SAS. One of these times it will work. You both sound brave and honest and I'm sure you will both find excellent partners, even if not together.

pinkpixie06 11

At least he didn't lead you on!

tomtato 10

trying to plant yourself in his heart, inception. finding out he wasn't flirting, deception.

He was one of those that only cared about the "chase"

linkinpark98 23

Good thing he told you the truth rather than waiting until you guys were in the middle of a relationship. I think that worked out well for you, OP. :)

You might take this as a wake up call. Not all people who flirt/seem to be flirting want to ask you out. If a guy, or girl, is interested in you then they will ask for your number to continue the banter. I exchange contact information with new friends within a week of knowing them (or if they aren't at school, within the first meeting if we get on well). I exchange contact information with potential dates within the first day or two of knowing them if we hit it off. I will know if someone seems like someone I want to date or not. Sometimes it takes longer, like with an old friend who progresses to something else, but even then it doesn't take several weeks for a guy to mention he thinks you are cute and would like you to go out. So if they guy does not figure out some clever way to get you to keep coming by and hanging around him, he is either bored-flirting or being polite.

Hahahaha sorry but that sure made me laugh! Are you it wasn't just all in your head? The flirting I mean..

KiddNYC1O 20

You accidentally the adjective... Ha

life is full of ups and downs, it happens :)

And now you want him even more. Dude is a genius.