By Anonymous - 04/05/2014 18:57 - United States

Today, I met up with my group for class. We were doing some final checks on the project we've been working on all semester, when I realized something about one guy's work seemed off. I googled it and found out it's almost completely plagiarized. It's all due in the morning. FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 201
You deserved it 4 055

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That's the horrible thing about group work, call the guy out and demand he do his work! Next time you can request not to have the same group with him... FYL!

Pancakes017 19

Probably should've made sure he was doing a decent job just a tiny bit sooner, OP.

Comments

titibug823 11

Document it and report it. Also, talk to the person in the wrong and make them change it.

nina21194 12

Same thing happened to me. I'm so sorry.

We had the same problem once. When we told the teacher, we had to make clear who wrote what. We just got a normal grade, she got in big problems.

Quality-checking the guy as you go is asking an awful lot. That said, I would go as a group to the instructor and sell this asshat down the river. My brother had a similar situation in college where he did all the work and his partner dicked around all semester. The instructor was aware of the situation, my brother got an awesome grade, and the other guy is probably working at the Citgo now. Hopefully this works out similarly for you.

I don't really understand what the issue is and why you didn't just have a quiet word with your teacher to explain the situation.

Some teachers just aren't very understanding about this kind of thing.

I don't know about your school's rules, but today I submitted a group assignment too, and whilst we all did a good job even if someone plagiarised their work, only that individual will get punished for it the rest of us will be graded on our own work.

This is why I can't stand group work. I can do bad all by myself, you know?

TheyCallMeDamien 17

Inform the teacher and insulate yourselves. You shouldn't all get a bad grade cause of one liar. Another reason I hate group projects.

middlenamefrank 8

Talk to the professor and tell him what you found. What else can you do?