By Anonymous - 04/05/2014 18:57 - United States

Today, I met up with my group for class. We were doing some final checks on the project we've been working on all semester, when I realized something about one guy's work seemed off. I googled it and found out it's almost completely plagiarized. It's all due in the morning. FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 201
You deserved it 4 055

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That's the horrible thing about group work, call the guy out and demand he do his work! Next time you can request not to have the same group with him... FYL!

Pancakes017 19

Probably should've made sure he was doing a decent job just a tiny bit sooner, OP.

Comments

Whew... That's awful. I don't trust group members' work entirely. Actually, I hate group work at all. I'm an independent student. That's why on my last project I volunteered to be the person to finish it up (combine our works) and submit it to the professor. In the process I checked online for plagiarism. Thankfully it was all good and we got a 100, but it NEVER hurts to self check for plagiarism the entire group's work in enough time before it's due to allow for any revisions if necessary.

Must suck but face it, if you would do it to someone you would laugh your butt off

Llama_Face89 33

If this is in high school I'd say explain it to the teacher and ask for an extension, if it's college you might be better off NOT turning it in at all but still explain what happened to your professor.

explain to your teacher privately

Plot twist: OP is that one guy trying to cover it up! ;)

an3ph 20

Document your findings immediately and take them to your teacher and dean of students. Like, now.

Why wait until the last minute to check? I always hated group projects cause you always had 1 lazy person & 1 know it all! Glad those days are way behind me!

HaiEthan 5

Group projects seem to always screw you over. Either someone ends up doing 99% of the work, or someone does none, etc.

skittyskatbrat 19

And THIS is why a project's grade is determined by the participants. When I assign a group project, they pick their groups. And at the end, they rate the other members of the group and their level of participation. If the base grade is an 80% but the other members claim that a person did very little of what they should have done? That person gets a 25% or so, sometimes less. I generally end up with at least one person getting full credit, another person or two getting nearly full, one with about half...and then the lazy idiot :P That one gets a grade so I have something to put in the book, but it's not much :D This has turned out to be a very effective way for a group to turn in a cheater or non-participant.