By Anonymous - 04/05/2014 18:57 - United States

Today, I met up with my group for class. We were doing some final checks on the project we've been working on all semester, when I realized something about one guy's work seemed off. I googled it and found out it's almost completely plagiarized. It's all due in the morning. FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 201
You deserved it 4 055

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That's the horrible thing about group work, call the guy out and demand he do his work! Next time you can request not to have the same group with him... FYL!

Pancakes017 19

Probably should've made sure he was doing a decent job just a tiny bit sooner, OP.

Comments

Thank god you realized that it was copied before the submission. This way atleast you have some time left to salvage the situation. Good luck op.

That really sucks. The only positive thing is that you did find out and might have a chance to fix it, either by telling the teacher or leave out his part, or even try to rewrite it. It would be a lot worse if you turned it in witouth knowing and the teacher found out and took actions towards the entire group.

Talk to your teacher and explain you want no part of his contributions. It might be able to get graded on everyone else's portions and have his part dropped.

Depending on the class, the teacher may understand it, but will not take this into account when grading. Part of these projects is learning the ability to plan and work together. If you didn't check each others work until a day before the deadline, you also failed as a team.

Uhr, it's the worst. Happened to me, didn't find out until it was marked.

The two things to learn from group projects are: 1) You can trust no bitch 2) You will be in this situation for most of your working life

That's lazy and unoriginal. Good luck OP, hope the professor understands

this just happened in my group like two days ago ! Amanda, is that you ??