By grem - 13/04/2009 23:27 - United States

Today, I met my boyfriend's family for the first time. I was playing with his little sister by grabbing her arms and spinning her around. On one turn, she started screaming in pain. It turns out I dislocated both her shoulders. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 686
You deserved it 69 517

Same thing different taste

Top comments

prttyyngthng 0

That's one HELL of a first impression.

the shoulders are supposed to stay IN the sockets? oh, oh dear.

Comments

ayoooooo 0

that sucks so much. congrats on your fail..

thisisher 0

That's why you support them under their armpits when you do that shit. A child's shoulder can't support their entire weight. Lifting them by their arm is just asking for them to be hurt . Granted, it is pretty easy to dislocate their shoulders, but still. You have to be more careful than that with kids. YDI.

My uncle did that to his little sister (my aunt) when they were kids. Apparently it's not uncommon... Were her parents watching? If they were then it's not entirely your fault; if they had thought something like that would happen they would have told you to stop. If they were elsewhere, well...FYL AND Fherlife.

omg haha, i was like laughing and being horribly shocked at the same time. Try lifting weights instead of children.

my little brother dislocated our youngest brothers arms one time. My younger brother was 9 at the time and our youngest brother was 2 or 3. when we took him to the hospital a nurse looked at him and was like oh this happens all the time and just popped it back in. dont be so hard on yourself.

seamripper 0

I keep hearing about people doing this, so I don't get how people don't realize that throwing kids around by the arms is not safe. Come on, now.

kewlfox 0

@10.. u throw puppies in the air??

...You normally don't hold children by the hands/arms as you swing them around. Have them face the same direction you are, and thing your hands around their chest. It's not as fun as the other way, but it's safer and it's the same concept. Hope that helps if they ever let you play with her again.