By Fubar0906 - 19/05/2009 01:11 - United States

Today, I'm on vacation. I spent $4000 to surprise my boyfriend on a trip to Hawaii. We have been together over a year. Turns out, he hates the outdoors. He's mad at me for bringing him here and is upset at everything. He's in the room reading, I'm at the bar drinking $10 Mai Tai's. FML
I agree, your life sucks 56 549
You deserved it 17 566

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You've been together over a year and you didn't know that he hates the outdoors? I gotta say YDI.

He seems like a jerk...any normal person would at least try to enjoy themselves when the significant other put in that much effort. Sorry, that sucks! On the upside you are in Hawaii!

Comments

This guy got a trip to Hawaii and is bitching about it because he "hates the outdoors"? Well then, he's either he is a vampire or he's an asshole... and I don't believe in vampires! I am not the biggest beach bunny (I burn so easy it's not even funny!) but if I was in Hawaii you would have to DRAG me away from the pool/beach.... but even if I could not go out in the sun I would still make the effort to show that I appreciate what is obviously an incredibly kind gesture. if this wanker wants to sit in his hotel room reading then that's a sign for you to head to the beach, grab the hottest guy you see and upgrade to a boyfriend who will appreciate you!

Novus_fml 0

the hottest guy he sees may not be into other guys...

kiit23 0

He should still appreciate the gesture, even if you hate the outdoors you can still have a good time. At the same time, maybe before spending that much on a trip you MIGHT see if he actually wants to go first.

#54, everybody sees the situation from their own point of view. Going to Hawaii is her idea of a good time, and I don't deny she probably thought they would enjoy it together -though again, after a year, she should have known better. Going on a trip to a calm, secluded area and spending lots of time indoors doing quiet stuff with very few people around is *my* idea of a great time, and yet I wouldn't surprise my girlfriend with that, because I know it doesn't fit her own tastes -but I would never call her 'unappreciative' for that.

birds_fml 7

Hey, at least now you know not to marry him because you have such wildly different interests.

How is he ungrateful? Why is no one thinking that the girl is selfish to drag him to the place he doesn't like? Of course it's FML, but it's not his fault. Demanding him to it is selfish.

ManganeseDream 0

What a little ****. You should've got trashed and talked shit. Tell people about it. They'll make fun of him.

jessb_fml 0

Your boyfriend sucks. He could at least join you at the bar. And come here girl, if he is THAT much of a bore, maybe it would not be too bad of an idea to have a chat to some of the other fellas around.

ditlihi 0

I bet he's in his room cleaning his TI-83 graphing calculator with rubbing alcohol and Q-tips right now.

You should leave him on that ******* island. My ex bought us a vacation to Hawaii as my 20th birthday present and I loved it!

AntiChrist7 0

you've been a year together and don't know he is an ass? YDI