By Fubar0906 - 19/05/2009 01:11 - United States

Today, I'm on vacation. I spent $4000 to surprise my boyfriend on a trip to Hawaii. We have been together over a year. Turns out, he hates the outdoors. He's mad at me for bringing him here and is upset at everything. He's in the room reading, I'm at the bar drinking $10 Mai Tai's. FML
I agree, your life sucks 56 549
You deserved it 17 566

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You've been together over a year and you didn't know that he hates the outdoors? I gotta say YDI.

He seems like a jerk...any normal person would at least try to enjoy themselves when the significant other put in that much effort. Sorry, that sucks! On the upside you are in Hawaii!

Comments

Allord 0

What a stick in the mud douche

How in the world could you not predict he'd have this reaction, or a similar one? Have you just been ignoring him or using him for sex for a year? YDI completely for knowing nothing about your boyfriend, and spending a shitload of money on someone you don't even know.

#1 +1 Also: You don't surprise anyone with $4000 unless you've got four grand to burn, lest you yourself get surprised.

He sounds like a douche! If I were in his place and hated the outdoors, I'd still AT LEAST PRETEND to be thankful. You went to a lot of work and spent a lot of money to plan this for him, and it sounds like he's not even trying to be grateful.

jackanackanory 0

Even if you hate the outdoors, who would be mad at a trip to Hawaii??? He sounds like a jerk.

good_associate 0

YDI, expensive vacations aren't really the kind of thing you surprise someone with.

dumb him while your there and dont give him his ticket home. maybe he'll learn to like Hawaii if he's stuck there.

Sand, sun and surf? Can't stand them. Who likes going to the beach, even if it is Hawaii?