By Fubar0906 - 19/05/2009 01:11 - United States

Today, I'm on vacation. I spent $4000 to surprise my boyfriend on a trip to Hawaii. We have been together over a year. Turns out, he hates the outdoors. He's mad at me for bringing him here and is upset at everything. He's in the room reading, I'm at the bar drinking $10 Mai Tai's. FML
I agree, your life sucks 56 549
You deserved it 17 566

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You've been together over a year and you didn't know that he hates the outdoors? I gotta say YDI.

He seems like a jerk...any normal person would at least try to enjoy themselves when the significant other put in that much effort. Sorry, that sucks! On the upside you are in Hawaii!

Comments

Diablorist 0

Ouch! Anyone that would put together a great vacation like that deserves a better boyfriend than the one you have. If I was dating someone and they organized a surprise trip for me to the worst place in the world I would still do my best to have fun - after all it's not the location that should be the most enjoyable aspect, it's enjoying the location with someone you love.

Oh well. sounds like he may not be the guy for you for the long haul. There's no reason to stay with someone who isn't compatible. #5 is certainly open minded. #93 is certainly long winded and correct.

Thats not cool. You spend 4000 dollars to get him there and he just sits up in the room and reads? I mean come on he could at least try something since you spent all that money.....

I say lose him and take me next time to go to Hawaii. You should buy him a book about Hawaii. And who hates the outdoors?

blue_mandie4 0

Shouldn't you have known that your boyfriend of OVER A YEAR doesn't like the outdoors and probably wouldn't like this trip? I feel bad, but still, you should of known!

I agree with everyone who has said YDI for not knowing he hates the outdoors after over a year of being together. #97 not everyone likes being at the beach, especially in weather that's Hawaii-hot. I personally tend only to go outside to snowboard in 35 degree weather, or at most, do a walk in the park when it's no hotter than 70 out.

Ravemaster7 0

Sounds like you have a lame ******* boyfriend.

beanie8542 0

How are you together for over a year and NOT know he doesn't like the outdoors??? Dumbass

Visit the pool bar at the Ohana Waikiki West... most drinks are $5 all day.

ch_kisama 0

YDI for not knowing your boyfriend of over a year didn't like the outdoors