By brsoxgirl - 15/07/2011 05:51 - United States

Today, I learned why my boyfriend of 10 months and I never hang out at his place. He still lives at home with his mother. He's 38. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 787
You deserved it 5 862

Same thing different taste

Top comments

How have you been dating for 10 months and are just how finding this out?That really doesn't make sense to me lol.

SwiftKick2DA 0

more money to spend on you!! =]

Comments

virgotomboy83 1

Run! OP, don't look back. Maybe he can't afford it,but from my experience dating a 37yr old who lived with his mum(I was 25) it's more about the fact that he can't stand being away from his mother. In my case, the guy claimed he couldn't afford living on his own,yet he ate out 3 times a day, spent every weekend at a comic shop and had amassed a comic book collection worth $8,000(some were no longer in print). I'll give a pass to anyone who can't afford a place of their own given the economy,but this guy probably has a main reason other than finances.

Maybe the guy is taking care of his parents because they no longer can do the everyday maintenance on the house or have medical issues where one can't handle it alone. I have a friend who is 45 and lives at home because his elderly parents can't take care of themselves anymore and needs help with the basic things in life and a nursing home would degrade them.

MrDrScat 0

My uncle is 38 and lives with his parents. But they treat it like landlords and stuff. He pays rent and everything. My uncle even owns his own business.

HeroOfTime13 0

sucks to be his Mom, let alone girl friend!?

Cynical_in_SK 6

You deserve it! Here's why: 1. You've been dating him for 10 months and you are just finding out now where he lives? 2. If you really like the guy then what the hell difference does it make? Seems like kind of a small thing to be upset about.