By brsoxgirl - 15/07/2011 05:51 - United States

Today, I learned why my boyfriend of 10 months and I never hang out at his place. He still lives at home with his mother. He's 38. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 787
You deserved it 5 862

Same thing different taste

Top comments

How have you been dating for 10 months and are just how finding this out?That really doesn't make sense to me lol.

SwiftKick2DA 0

more money to spend on you!! =]

Comments

At least he didn't live in the basement

He is taking care of his family. In my eyes, there is nothing more sweet than that :)

raff696 3

Ok...so let me clear the air...I am OP and I'd like to shed a little light on the subject! Yes, he is 38 going on 39 in September. Yes, he does have a job (I know that for a fact because we met at work), and I also know that he makes a decent wage (just over $20/hr). No, his mother is not sick. No, he does not pay rent. Yes, his room/living area/bathroom are in the basement!lol And no, he does not play WOW or any other type video/computer games. Truth is he has never lived away from home, and is fairly irresponsible with money. He certainly makes enough to be out on his own but would much rather spend money on frivilous things. Believe me I do feel thankful to have a man that I love, who loves me, and respects me, but that's why I feel like screaming "FML!" because the person that I love is a full grown man that had expressed that it would feel "weird" not living with his mom and having her "right there". So once again I have to say FML!

That's not good, if he never left the home in the first place he really has never grown up. I know a few people that are going through rough times right now, some that have that have moved back home... but all of them had moved out of the house when they were 18-19.

deadbabyjesus 2

if he is a good enough man it shouldn't matter. I so not live with my mom but hey whatever.

Years ago I would have pissed myself laughing at something like that but today the economy is so horrible that I would not really say anything unless the guy was a "real bum." I know a few guys that are 28-29 still living with their parents but they are working and saving and the usual but the price of rent is insane and mortgages? Just try to ask the bank to 'take a chance' with you after that whole fiasco... and even if they did take the chance they were probably lose their shirts in the upcoming downturn. If he's staying because of the economy understandable... but if he's a 'mamas boy' sort of guy... that's never good.

what if his mom has a health problem and can't live alone?

That's so awful ): > I fell so bad for u

so? that means he probably has some savings. My guy lived at home till shortly before the wedding. He had some good savings to spend on the wedding and help us out with a few emergencies in the first few months. Why is living at home considered so bad? If you don't live at home, do stuff at your place. Or let him move in. Problem solved. ok just saw your added post, yeah the have to live with mom thing sucks. But I stand by the living at home till you're older isn't bad thing.